Rigging a Character in After Effects
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
Ok, so you prepared a character in illustrator and you want to animate it inside after effects.
The problem is that you have to put every single piece of the body in a new position and that can be very tedious.
Even for simple movements, like weaving good bye to a friend.
You need to do a bunch of clicks and repositioning each single part.
Well, there is a faster way to do it.
You can connect each part of the body, so you can move it easily, with just a few clicks and drags.
And if you need to change the hand, you don’t have to disappear the hand, and reappear another one, no. You can set a rig with replacement animation, and just by moving a switch layer you can easily change to any version of the hand you want.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to rig a character inside after effects.
- How to set forward kinematics: So you can move your character easily, without having do draw each frame
- How to set up inverse kinematics: An advanced mathematical formula that lets you control your character easily, and all done automatically without you having to scratch your head figuring out any formula.
- The clear difference between Forward Kinematics, and Inverse Kinematics, two concepts that a lot of animators are not familiar with.
- How to set up replacement animation: A technique in which you can change for example, the mouth of your character, to express different phonemes, so then, you can add some lip sync.
Every step is explained in detail, and I also take the time to tell you why we do the things we are doing, so you will always know what we are doing, why and to what outcome.
Enroll now and start rigging your character for your next animation. See you inside.
Music Credits: "DarxieLand" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
Who is the target audience?
- Animators who want to learn how to save time in character animation by rigging a character
- Animators who want to use After Effects for character animation
- You should be able to use a Computer at a beginner level
- You need to know how to download and uncompressed ZIP files to download the project files
- Take a character designed in Adobe Illustrator and prepare it for animation
- How to rig a character in After Effects
- How to set up replacement animation for lip sync, and switching hands
What You Will Learn In This Course
Download After Effects
Download Duik 15
Import The Character
Set Up Joints
Set Up Forward Kinematics
Pre Compose Layers for Replacement Animation
Fixing PreComp Sizes
Set Up Joints and Forward Kinematics for Pre Comps
Set up Inverse Kinematics
Set Up Switch Layer
Set Up L_Hand PreComp for Replacement Animation
Set Up Time Remap
Set Up Switch for Replacement Animation
Set Up Mouth for Lip Sync
Extra Tip for animating Replacement Animation
Python Graphics Programming and Game DevelopmentRobert Gioia