Sketching for Animators Who Can’t Draw
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
I’m glad you decided to learn how to sketch for animation.
To start off with this course, I would like to answer one super important question.
How good do you need to be in sketching and drawing to be able to do decent animation?
The answer is:
You have to be decent at drawing.
Notice that I didn’t say you have to be the best, or you have to be very very good, no. You just have to be decent.
How can you be decent?
With a bit of practice.
As a disclaimer, I’m not a great artist, I’m not very good at drawing myself, I’m just decent, and that’s good for animation.
You will see for yourself in the following lessons, so if you are super passionate about drawing, you have some practice and want to take your drawing skills to the next level, then I’m not your guy, and this course is not for you.
Maybe you can get some value and some useful tips, but in general this course is not directed to you.
But if you are just starting, and you are not good at drawing, then this course will definitely help you in giving you some pointers to start drawing more decently.
Inside this course, you will learn:
How to develop enough skill to draw anything you want in any style you want
The difference between drawing and sketching
- How to measure proportions
- How to duplicate references
- Ho to draw basic 2d shapes and combine them to draw what you want
- How to sketch basic 3d shapes
- How to draw perspective using vanishing points and perspective lines
- How to sketch a 3d scene
- How to sketch and design very simple characters
- How to sketch poses in 2D
- How to sketch character poses in 3D
- How to sketch thumbnails for animation
- And finally, how to draw hands.
So, if you are interested in having the knowledge to get decent drawings skills, enroll now!
- You should be able to use a PC at a beginner level
- You should be familiar with downloading files
- You should be familiar with Copy, Paste and Undo functions
- Draw anything you want by using sketching techniques
- Copy and duplicate any drawing using a technique of measuring proportions
- Perfect your drawing skills by doing drawing exercises
- Sketch original characters that come to mind
- Sketch character poses in both 2D and 3D
- Sketch thumbnails for action
- Sketch hands in different positions
Introduction: I’m not “that” Good at Drawing, I’m Just Decent
The Law of 100
Why Sketching and Not Drawing
Sketching What You Love - Your Favorite References
Duplicating References Using Coordinates
Drawing Exercises - Circles and Lines
Sketching Basic 2D Shapes and Props
Sketching Basic 3d Shapes
Sketching A 3D Scene
Sketching Simple Characters
Sketching Poses 2d
Sketching Poses 3d
Tips for Drawing Hands
BONUS LESSON: What’s Next?
Python Graphics Programming and Game DevelopmentRobert Gioia
Create a traditional japanese scene in ModoJuan Jimenez
Rewarding Productivity Habits of Highly Successful PeopleMatt Bernstein
Constructs of Information Security Management SystemRankOne Consulting Pvt Ltd