Microsoft Azure is one of the leading cloud providers (together with Amazon AWS and Google Cloud) with a global cloud infrastructure for providing public cloud services around the world. Cloud computing is one of the biggest and fastest technology revolutions in the IT industry and the global demand for more skilled people in the area of cloud computing is also growing rapidly across multiple industries.
Becoming a Cloud Expert
If you are looking to become a cloud expert then this training program is designed to help you build the knowledge and experience about the subject of cloud computing while using the Azure cloud platform. The training program is divided into levels.
Level 2 - is all about Monitoring...
In level 1, we learned to build an end-to-end cloud solution inside the Microsoft Azure platform. Now it is time to learn how to monitor effectively our IaaS solution. In level 2, we are planning to learn how to monitor and analyze the performance and health of our Azure resources and applications as well as Azure platform and services. One thing for sure, it is going to be interesting!
Join us and start to pave your way as a Cloud Expert!
- General understanding of the main cloud computing models (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- The first level in the "Becoming a Cloud Expert - Microsoft Azure IaaS" training program
- Practical background in Azure IaaS platform - creating VMs, Virtual Networks, Storage Accounts etc
- Basic Linux commands
- The operation and business requirements for monitoring the performance and health of a cloud solution
- Understand the different types of telemetry data (metrics and logs) that can be collected
- Build your own demo system in Azure (using Linux, Apache, MySqL, PHP)
- Setup alert rules and action groups for creating an automation layer
- Simulate traffic load on the demo system
- Monitor the status of Azure platform and services
- Monitor your Azure resources (e.g. VMs, Storage accounts, VNet, Interfaces, NSGs, Web App)
- Analyze performance metrics in multiple layers (Azure hosting infrastructure, guest OS, application)
- Analyze logs using the kusto query language in Log Analytics
- Manage the life cycle of Azure alerts