Next generation Serverless and scalable applications from the ground up, leveraging Amazon's application services, including API Gateway, Lambda, Cloudfront, DynamoDB, S3, and SQS.
Serverless computing allows you to build and run applications and services without thinking about servers. With serverless computing, your application still runs on servers, but all the server management is done by AWS. Using AWS and its Serverless Platform, you can build and deploy applications on cost-effective services that provide built-in application availability and flexible scaling capabilities. This lets you focus on your application code instead of worrying about provisioning, configuring, and managing servers.
The course will show viewers how to build a fully serverless, fully scalable application from the ground up, leveraging some of Amazon's suite of application services, including API Gateway, Lambda, Cloudfront, DynamoDB, S3, and SQS. We will start by gaining an understanding of what it means to be “serverless”, and how some of this cutting-edge technology can help us to build serverless applications before we move on to designing and implementing our very own serverless API.
By the end of the course, you will understand the clear benefits of next-generation serverless architecture, such as never again needing to worry about how to scale an application or manage virtual servers.
About the Author
- Colibri is a technology consultancy company founded in 2015 by James Cross and Ingrid Funie. The company works to help their clients navigate the rapidly changing and complex world of emerging technologies, with deep expertise in areas like Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning, and Cloud Computing. Over the past few years they have worked with some of the world's largest and most prestigious companies, including a tier 1 investment bank, a leading management consultancy group, and one of the world's most popular soft drinks companies, helping each of them to better make sense of their data, and process it in more intelligent ways.The company lives by their moto: Data -> Intelligence -> Action.James Cross is a Big Data Engineer and certified AWS Solutions Architect with a passion for data driven applications. He’s spent the last 3-5 years helping his clients to design and implement huge scale streaming Big Data platforms, Cloud based analytics stacks, and serverless architectures.He started his professional career in Investment Banking, working with well-established technologies such as Java and SQL Server, before moving into the Big Data space. Since then he’s worked with a huge range of Big Data tools including most of the Hadoop eco-system, Spark and many No-SQL technologies such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis and DynamoDB. More recently his focus has been on Cloud technologies and how they can be applied to data analytics, culminating in his work at Scout Solutions as CTO, and more recently with Mckinsey. James is an AWS certified solutions architect with several years experience designing and implementing solutions on this cloud platform. As CTO of Scout Solutions Ltd, he built a fully serverless set of API’s and analytics stack based around Lambda and Redshift.He is interested in almost anything that has to do with technology. He has worked with everything from Wordpress to Hadoop, from C++ to Java, and from Oracle to DynamoDB. If it's new and solves a problem in an innovative way he’s keen to give it a go!
- Knowledge of Application Development
- Get a head start in the emerging world of serverless web applications
- Understand how to execute code in a serverless fashion
- Design and build your own serverless web application
- Manage API routes with API gateway
- Integration your serverless web application with a serverless database
110$ 9.99 $ 49.99
175$ 9.99 $ 49.99
55$ 9.99 $ 49.99
27$ 9.99 $ 49.99