What is Up-Picking style of playing banjo? It is a great old style of banjo playing that plays the melody of the song with the index finger, while adding a brush chord and pluck of the 5th string to the mix. It emphasizes the melody, but is also a great accomplishment to singing and an easy start to playing the banjo. It is also a great way to transition into the bluegrass/three-finger style of playing most are familiar with. No note reading or musical experience necessary! All that is needed is an excitement and willingness to learn! Let's get started!
- You will need a 5 string banjo, a plastic or metal thumbtack and one metal finger pick
- All that is required is a willingness to learn and have a great time doing it
- You wil also need to be able to view and print PDF files
- The class is geared to the Absolute Beginner! No Experience is Necessary!
- An Easy to Learn Old-Time Style of Banjo Playing call Up-Picking. Quick Success, Quick Fun! No Experience Necessary!Easy and logical step by step method to learn Old-Time Up-Picking style banjo techniques and songs
- This course is intended for folks who have always had an interest in playing the banjo but didn't know where to start. The course is designed for folks who have never played an instrument before now!Lectures include everything you need! PDF files, videos, and audio files are included to help you practice!
- Easy and logical step by step method to learn Old-Time Up-Picking style banjo techniques and songs.This course will have you playing banjo in the shortest amount of time and and fun doing it!
- Play several standard banjo songs that will impress your family and friends!! (But is will also put you on the course to playing all sorts of banjo songs and is a pre-requisite start to learning the 3-finger banjo style