Learn how to create a backend for your iOS apps using Firebase
Most iPhone apps connect to some sort of backend, whether it is a video game that has game servers, a social network that keeps users connected, or an inventory system for a business. In this course, you will learn how to create a backend system for your iOS apps using Firebase.
We'll begin first by learning about CocoaPods. CocoaPods allow us to bring other people's code into our project. We will need this in order to get Firebase code into our project. Then we will start the course project: creating a simple version of SnapChat. Doing this will allow us to learn the ins and outs of Firebase.
After installing Firebase, you'll move on to learn how to build our social network one step at a time. First, you'll master user account creation and user authentication. Then you'll create snaps to send to other users. Throughout all this, you'll learn about Firebase's database, storage, and authentication system.
The code bundle for this video course is available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Creating-a-Backend-for-iOS-Firebase
About the Author
- Nick Walter is an iOS developer who has focused on mobile app design and creation for over five years. His involvement in the iOS community started off with a bang, and in 2013 he was one of the 25 students worldwide to be invited to Apple's Cocoa Camp. Within the community, he is also co-president of an Apple developer group called Cocoa Heads.
- He always wanted to transform brand-new ideas into reality but, growing up in a small town, he had limited access to the required programming resources. This led to his early interest in online education. After experimenting with various companies, learning styles, and teaching processes, he adopted the best strategies and applied them while creating his courses.
- Since the announcement of the new Swift programming language by Apple, he has devoted himself to Apple documentation and any online resource that was available. Prior to teaching the internet's first course on Swift, he created five iOS apps from scratch that are currently live in the App Store and are being used by thousands of users worldwide.
- Prior programming knowledge will be beneficial
- How to install CocoaPods
- How to get the correct version of Pods into your project
- Setting up a Firebase account and project
- Creating a Sign-Up/Login
- Working with the Firebase database
- Storing images with Firebase Storage
- Creating a SnapChat clone
- Downloading images
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
48$ 9.99 $ 49.99
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99