Explore practical techniques to handle real-world data programming challenges
Today, developers are tasked with building applications in less time, while maintaining high standards of quality, reliability, security, and performance.
This video course presents practical techniques for handling real-world data programming challenges. We'll first see how to build efficient, extensible engines to parse and process documents and data streams. Then we'll study how to process large sets of data with maximal performance and efficiency using asynchronous workflows, agents, and .NET reactive extensions. Next, we'll learn to use type providers, a unique F# feature that lets us program with data as if it were code.
By the end of the course, you will be capable of writing solutions with less code, fewer bugs, and better alignment with business requirements.
About the Author
- Richard Broida is a software design and programming consultant specializing in Microsoft Windows and Azure technologies. Over his career he has developed enterprise applications for clients in medical, banking, insurance, manufacturing, transportation, and e-commerce. He is a frequent speaker on F#, C#, and cloud technologies and has taught .NET programming courses for adult professionals. You can follow Richard on Twitter (@SirEel) or on LinkedIn. He lives in Cleveland, Ohio.
- This course will appeal to programmers and developers who are confident with the basic grammar and syntax of F#
- Strategies for processing data with the F# platform
- Parsing data with FParse
- Handling large data streams
- Designing and controlling asynchronous workflows
- Managing asynchronous input with F# agents
- Processing discontinuous input with reactive extensions
- Using type providers to simplify handling data from relational databases, web APIs, Azure services, and non-.NET languages
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
48$ 9.99 $ 49.99
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99