Automate your IT infrastructure with the latest techniques in Puppet!
Puppet is a configuration management tool that allows you to automate all your IT configurations, giving you control over what you do to each Puppet Agent in a network, and when and how you do it. In this age of digital delivery and ubiquitous internet presence, it's becoming increasingly important to implement scalable and portable solutions, not only in terms of software, but also the systems that run it.
This video course will begin by covering methods of reporting with Puppet and configuring various types of open source dashboards along with procedures to use report processors and create custom ones. You will then exploit PuppetDB to configure and create efficient Puppet reports and also to monitor Puppet changes and alert based on the same. Finally, you will learn about how to implement Nagios based monitoring using Puppet.
Towards the end of the video course, you will concentrate on Puppet security. You will also learn about procedures to secure the Puppet deployments and methods to harden infrastructure using community modules. Finally, we’ll learn how to debug errors in the Puppet environment.
About the Author
- Anirban Saha is an infrastructure professional with more than six and half years of experience in infrastructure management at various industries and organizations ranging from early startups to corporate environments. He was worked extensively with configuration management and automation tools including Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Saltstack, Terraform to name a few. He has extensive experience in architecting, deployment and management of large infrastructures. He speaks at various conferences on latest technologies and is also the author of Salt Cookbook published by Packt.
- Experience in Puppet required
- Go through the different methods of reporting with Puppet
- Configure open source dashboards such as Foreman and Puppet board for visualizing Puppet data
- Use report processors and create custom processors
- Exploit PuppetDB to configure and create efficient Puppet reports and monitor Puppet changes
- Implement Nagios-based monitoring using Puppet
- Secure Puppet deployments and master methods to harden infrastructure using community modules
- Debug errors in the Puppet environment
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
48$ 9.99 $ 49.99
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99