Developing SharePoint Online solutions with open source toolchain
SharePoint SPFx Development Model is designed to help both new and existing developers better acquaint themselves with the new set of tools required to do the job, as well as providing clear instructions how some of the server-side full trust development model practices can be achieved with this new framework. Moving into the cloud and away from server-side takes away certain customization capabilities, but enhances the client-side look and feel. Relying on the SPFx framework, this new model can be used to create modern lightweight web applications in SharePoint Online.
In the third volume, we will cover the newly emerging community-driven SharePoint Framework, short for SPFx. It is viewed as an expansion of existing Add-in model, focusing on delivering custom client-side web parts and page layouts, with more functionality in the roadmap. We will cover another emerging community driven client side development model that uses open source tools and does not require add-in packaging.
We will cover the basic open-source toolchain and development workflow using this model. Later, we’ll develop a client side web part, as well as cover debugging, deployment and versioning of our solutions.
In the end, we will list a number of active community resources, which are being constantly worked by a joint team of Microsoft internal representatives as well as SharePoint community’s most active MVPs.
About the Author
- OLEG RUMIANCEV is a full-time SharePoint ninja currently living in Biddulph, United Kingdom. His interests range from Microsoft and SharePoint to AI, and inspirational TED talks.
- OLEG is a flexible software architect offering 9 years' experience designing, building, testing, and maintaining enterprise solutions of varied complexity.
- He is proficient in all SharePoint Server development routes, having implemented a large number of projects with varying customization requirements.
- He is an able leader with experience of small team management in the Agile/SCRUM environment: sprint planning, grooming, task planning, and code reviewing.
- He is passionate customer-oriented team player with strong internal and external communication skills and conflict resolution experience.
- The course expects learners to be somewhat familiar with the SharePoint platform and have a basic knowledge of its building blocks
- Understand the development workflow of SharePoint SPFx
- Install and learn the open source toolset of the development workflow
- Design SPFx-based projects by provisioning a project, adding PnP libraries, and using type definition
- Build Angular 2 webpart in a project and connect them to SharePoint using Developer Workbench
- Deploy SPFx into CDNs (Azure Storage, O365 Public CDN)
- Deploy the SPFx package into tenants
- Upgrade solutions from deployment scenarios
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
48$ 9.99 $ 49.99
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99