Sage Accounts course is about how to use Sage based on the most popular functions which you as a Sage operator needs to know how to use, in order to be proficient in using the software.
The learning is structured in a practical way. You are given a practical scenario assignment. There are various tasks to complete. You are given the task to do and have a go at, and then the video answer is available. It is suggested that you:
- Read the task
- Watch the video
- Have a go at it yourself on your own system
- Rewatch the video (if necessary) - to reinforce the learning
You’ll learn how to set up a Sage system from scratch, how to enter opening balances, post customer invoices and credit notes, post supplier bills and credit notes, pay suppliers, petty cash, prepare a VAT return, reconcile the bank, post journals, run reports amongst over things.
This is a useful course if:
- You are thinking of working with the software,
- You are going for jobs which have a requirement for you to be able to use this software
- You want to put this skill on your CV, or
- You are a bookkeeper or accountant and will be using this for clients or even
- You run your own business and want to know how to use Sage for yourself.
You will need to get hold of a copy of Sage yourself. This lecture is based on v7. It's not that dissimilar to today's version. The instructor is usually online to answer student queries for 2 hours each day.
The course materials includes:
- the handout of the assignment task
- Successful completion of the course is the equivalent to being at the level of having a level 2 certificate in computerised accounts.
- The course will take about 3-4 hours to complete.
Who this course is for:
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who will be using this for their clients
- Students who are going for jobs where the requirement is working knowledge of Sage Accounts
- Those who have studied accounting, but want practical knowledge of how to use a popular accounting software which will help them find employment
- Previous knowledge of accounting is not presumed or required
- You will need access to Sage accounts in order to complete the assignment (any version)
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Enter the opening balances
- Amend the nominal ledger
- Add new customer and supplier details
- Post customer invoices and credit notes to the sales ledger
- Post supplier invoices and credit notes to the purchase ledger
- Enter the supplier cheques and record the customer receipts
- Post Petty Cash transactions
- Prepare the VAT return
- Reconcile the bank
- Post the wages journal
- Post adjustments to the accounts and produce month-end reports