I believe in learning through practice.
To that end, I am super excited to present to you this 100% practical course on Adobe Illustrator. The focus of this course is to teach you the technical skills you need to be an awesome designer. AND, to do that, I will walk you through the process of creating various designs.
You will learn to:
- Design T-shirts using basic shapes and tools
- Size and export the T-shirt designs for various online stores and platforms
- Design clean logos, as well as how to present and export them like a pro
- Design cool cartoon characters and the tools and techniques you need to create clean digital art
To accomplish these goals, you will get to learn a bunch of cool features and tools within AI, such as, but not limited to:
- The selection tool
- The direct selection tool
- The pen tool
- The knife, scissors and eraser
- The brush tool
- The blob brush tool
- The various basic shape tools such as ellipse, rectangle and rounded rectangle
- Layers and art-boards and how to use them efficiently
- Live paint bucket
- The gradient mesh tool
- & much more...
Oh, one more thing: to help you in your freelance endeavors, I also added a few lectures on the online presence requirements for graphic art and design freelancers, as well as a bonus lecture on how to make the most of one of the more popular freelance platforms out there: Up-work.
I can't wait to see you on the other side!
- You need to be conversational or better in English in order to go along with the content of this course
- Must have access to Adobe Illustrator
- Ideally, you would also have a graphic tablet
In this course, you will learn a wide array of skills, such as, but not limited to:
- How to setup your work space in a way that fits your needs
- How to create a bleeding area for your art-boards (useful in brochure, business card and other paper print designs)
- How to use the primary tool box to its maximum potential
- How to juggle between shapes and paths to create designs efficiently
- Basic design principles for logo design
- Basic design principles for T-shirt Design
- How to create a complex design using basic shapes (this will help keep your designs cleaner)
- How to draw cartoon characters with shading in 2 different ways as well as how to mix them
- How to create awesome shading effects using the gradient mesh tool
Good technique + explanations Instructor did seem to ramble at times