In this hands-on workshop Candyce Mairs shows you how to use Fireworks CS6 to turn a graphic design into a fully operational web page. Beginning with the basics of the Fireworks interface and designing for the Web, Candyce walks you step by step through the transition process, from slicing and optimizing images to wireframing, turning designs into HTML and CSS, and previewing pages. You’ll also learn how to use drop shadows, gradients, rounded edges, and pop-up menus to add that extra flair to your designs. Turning your web designs into web pages has never been easier!
- Adobe Fireworks CS4 or higher in order to do the exercises within the lectures
- Adobe Fireworks is not required if you do not wish to do the exercises within the lectures
- Understand how to work in Fireworks
- Be Familiar with the CSS Export Feature within Fireworks
- Completely convert a Fireworks web page design into an HTML and CSS web page
- Extend the capabilities of Fireworks beyond the basic program using extensions.
- Know the importance of properly slicing your design to create the web page
- Be familiar with the basics of HTML and CSS on a web page