Why Bullies Bully and How to Get Them to Stop
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
This program consists of video lectures and handouts designed to help you learn how to get bullies to leave you alone using behavioral science techniques.
There is more to the technique of how to get bullies to stop than just ignore them and they will go away. Lots more. What you don’t know and what isn’t being taught is causing us to fail. This program is designed to help you understand what exactly has to happen to get a bully to stop by sharing what all science tells us needs to happen to stop unwanted behavior, like bullying.
The course takes approximately 40 minutes to complete and includes downloadable documentation logs and a flow chart for how to stop bullying in different situations.
If you are being bullied or have been bullied or worry about someone who is being bullied or might be bullied, this course can help you. It will help explain why what you were taught didn’t work and how to fix it so that you can prevail over your bully and get them to stop, all while maintaining your values and ideals as an ethical human being.
Science. Because it works.
- No prior knowledge required
- Fill in those gaps in your knowledge by teaching you what you didn’t know you needed to know
- Explain the science of how exactly behaviors are stopped
- Explain how you can use this information to train bullies to stop
- Provide real life examples of how exactly this works and more importantly why it works
Welcome to the program - this video will introduce you to the course and your instructor. It will help you understand why this particular approach to bullying is being taught and why it matters.
Bullies bully for a variety of reasons. There is no one cause of bullying. This makes getting it to stop difficult. This lecture will help you understand why bullies bully so that you understand what needs to happen to get them to stop.
Behavioral Scientists have known for decades how to get unwanted behavior to stop. In this lecture you will learn what has been learned about how to get people to stop being obnoxious and how the process works.
Now that we know what science says works, how do we actually apply it to the problem of bullying?
Final thoughts and questions you might have.
Thank you for taking the course. I hope you found it useful. Be sure to ask questions if you have any. As promised, below are links to academic articles on behavioral extinction and operant conditioning and bullying.
Also, there were downloadable materials included. These include a documentation log and flow chart as well as a tip sheet.
Be sure to check out my website and my book for further learning. https://bullyvaccineproject.com/
Google Scholar Searches & Other Academic Articles
- Research on Behavioral Extinction - https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=behavioral+extinction&btnG=&as_sdt=1%2C10&as_sdtp=
- Operant Conditioning- https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=operant+conditioning&btnG=&hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C10
- Facets of Pavlovian and Operant Extinction - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3337697/
- Bullying and Operant Conditioning -http://www.mcser.org/journal/index.php/mjss/article/view/1107