This course covers the basics of figure and portrait painting in oil or acrylic using a step-by-step procedure with the following points covered in detail:
- Materials using a limited palette for under $100.
- Complete discussion on brushes, mediums, varnishes, brush cleaners, and painting substrates.
- Complete discussion on full and limited palettes in terms of color, value, temperature, and intensity.
- Complete discussion on how to mix any color with a limited palette.
- Complete discussion on edges, complementary colors, simultaneous contrast, and paint texture.
- Two complete demonstrations in real time of painting a portrait and figure using a limited palette.
- How to start a painting on a toned canvas with a brush or using a wipe out technique with only monotones.
- How to apply first layer of color on a monotone under painting.
- How to finish a painting with a second layer of paint using glazing and scumbling techniques to obtain three dimensional effects.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn to paint portraits or figures with a limited palette
- Anyone who wants to learn about color mixing, complementary colors, use of a limited palette or full palette
- No preliminary knowledge necessary
- Cost of materials is less than $100 for a limited palette
What will you learn
- At the end of this course students will be able to paint a portrait or figure with a limited palette
- Students will also learn about color theory, color mixing, complementary colors, simultaneous contrast, and all aspects of starting and finishing a painting
Number of Lectures: 22 Total Duration: 02:42:05
No Review Yet
Related CoursesView All