Geometry is an exploration of truth, the kind that is self-evident and universal. Where there is universal truth, there is also great beauty and from this a feeling of sacredness naturally arises. In this class you will learn everything you need to draw and experience the sacredness of geometry.
You can draw in this class using a pencil, paper, compass, straightedge (aka ruler) and/or using a free iOS app. In this course, I use Euclidea: Sketches, a 100% free iOS app, for the practical reason that it is far clearer to observe what I'm doing viewing my recorded iPad Pro screen than filming my drawing board.
To follow along with this course, you are welcome to use this app (or use another computer-aided drafting program), or draw by hand using the time-tested instruments of pencil, paper, compass and straightedge.
The following books are mentioned in the course; they're not required reading, but these are great books. If you end up loving geometry, you'll might want to eventually read some or all of these:
- Drawing Geometry by Jon Allen ISBN 9780863156083
- Ruler & Compass by Andrew Sutton ISBN 9780802717764
- Sacred Geometry by Robert Lawlor ISBN 9780500810309
- City of Revelation by John Michell ISBN 9780345236074
- Euclid's Elements (first published circa 300 BCE, ISBN 9781375462631)
- You can take this course using a pencil & paper, compass and straightedge or use a free iOS app
- You will learn essential geometric constructions, draw solutions to some ancient problems, construct all the regular polygons up to nine sides, construct the golden ratio in several ways, see how the golden ratio is used in art & science, encode the proportions of Earth & Moon in profoundly simple diagrams and draw some classic sacred geometries
0$ 9.99 $ 49.99
5$ 9.99 $ 49.99
34$ 9.99 $ 49.99
50$ 9.99 $ 49.99