Therapeutic Art: Arts Therapy For Self Healing
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
Therapeutic Art: Online Therapeutic Art Course - Arts Therapy For Self Exploration and Healing
This course is fully accredited by a globally recognized CPD body, the Continuing Professional Development Standards Agency.
Taking this course will give you the opportunity to gain a diploma signifying formal certification for 10 hours of CPD credit.
Please note, accreditation is optional. It is by no means compulsory, or a prerequisite for taking the course. Degree requirements vary based on the position you pursue and the area in which you reside or work. Should you wish to opt for accreditation and the diploma, full details and directions will be given at the end of the course.
This is the first in the series of my Therapeutic Art courses, and can be enjoyed by everyone and by all ages. We cover various forms of arts therapy to help with self discovery, self healing and self discovery.
You don't need to be a great artist, or indeed consider yourself to be particularly creative. All you need is an imagination and an open mind to get the most from this Therapeutic Art course.
We also offer an exclusive support service to Simpliv students. On enrolment, you'll be given access to a fully supported learning experience which extends to personal support via email with the course creator, Libby Seery. As previously stated, this is a bespoke service available to Simpliv students only.
This Therapeutic Art online course (which looks at various arts therapy) is self paced and offers you complete flexibility. Choose to study at a time and place that suits you, safe in the knowledge that help is always at hand.
Within this Therapeutic Art online course, you'll find a section on arts therapy including self exploration and healing painful emotions, as well as a section for pure enjoyment and recreation. You'll also find a section on therapeutic art for family bonding. This is great for better communication and an appreciation for each other, as you learn and create with one another.
Art and the therapeutic creative process of creating art, can be incredibly useful for children who may have experienced bullying or trauma and can provide a safe sanctuary to share our feelings and emotions.
Therapeutic Art can be described as being an expressive and creative, form of therapy, using arts therapy in its various forms.
The therapeutic, creative process of self expression, can improve our physical and mental health, as well as our emotional well being.
- It helps us to manage our feelings in a more positive way
- Can give us the confidence to address and resolve issues from the past and present
- Increase self esteem and develop a greater self awareness
Creating art through Therapeutic Art, provides an outlet to express yourself freely, which will encourage and promote a healthier, happier life.
Did you know that colouring-in books for adults are outselling cook books? Colouring-in for just twenty minutes a day, can bring you enormous benefits, including:
- A more relaxed state of mind
- Lowering stress hormones
- Help with insomnia
Therapeutic Art may sound a bit daunting, especially if you believe yourself not to be particularly artistic or creative. However, this need not be an issue, as the purpose of art is simply to express, and not to judge, or compare.
Art should be an extension of how you're feeling, and for that you are your own expert.
With over 50 exercises and activities, here are just a few included in this Therapeutic Art online course:
- Scribble drawing for relaxation
- Art Journalling
- Create your own healing comic strip
- Becoming your own superhero
- Writing your pain a letter
- A healing postcard
- Spontaneous image diary
- Affirmations cards
- Keeping a gratitude jar
- Create your own colour wheel
- Painting your emotions
- Exploring our inner and outer self
- Meditative painting
- Self soothing images
- Creating your future with a vision board
- Colour Psychology
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
- Self body state using watercolours
- Create your own emotions wheel
- Zentangles and mandalas
- Accessing your inner child
- Creative writing
- The "About Me" Cube
- A family is a kingdom
- My "good Well-Being" teapot
There's also some super fun things to enjoy with younger ones, like face painting and creating your own pinata.
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone who enjoys art
- Anyone who likes to be creative
- The course is suitable for everyone and can be used with the whole family as a family bonding experience
- Those people who would like to work on their self esteem and their self confidence
- People who would like to express themselves better
- Those people who would like to try active meditation using art
- People who may be recovering from trauma or illness
- People who would like to be introduced to a wide range of art approaches
- The perfect thing about this course is that no prior experience or knowledge is required.
- The only thing you will need, is an imagination and an open mind!
- Explore facets of your personality you never knew existed
- Use art as a means of self expression
- Create art without judgement
- Create art as a means for self healing and self discovery
- Enjoy art as a family bonding exercise
- Build on your self esteem and increase your confidence levels
- Use art as a means of relaxation and to unwind
- Enjoy the benefits that creative art brings to our emotional and physical well being
- Use art for the purpose of active meditation
- Learn many different techniques to use art for pure enjoyment and recreation
- Create Mandalas and Zentangles
Ruby On Rails: Stock Market AppJohn Elder