- Buelent Yurdakul
Mr. Bülent Yurdakul is a Master Black Belt (MBB) Consultant, delivering operational excellence and business transformation training and execution services. As a MBB Consultant, he focuses on inspiring new management thinking by challenging conventional wisdom through the application of business process improvement tools and methodologies. For any business improvement initiative to be successful, it has to start from the top. Mr. Yurdakul has the unique ability to engage and inspire senior leaders to change the organization using fact-based, data-driven methodologies.
Mr. Yurdakul is a trained and certified Six Sigma & Design For Six Sigma (DFSS) Black Belt and Master Black Belt. He has more than 20 years of experience in developing, implementing and executing operational excellence and innovation excellence programs in a range of industries: automotive, computer, telecommunications, consumer (major, small appliances), cement and packaging. He is a recognized practitioner in the application of product and process improvements using Lean, Lean Six Sigma and DFSS methodologies. During his career, Mr. Yurdakul performed various roles for different companies worldwide as hardware and software development engineer, instrumentation engineer, sales engineer, technical support manager, and quality manager.
He worked many years for Six Sigma Academy LLC (SSA) as Executive Consultant. Prior to joining SSA, he worked for Siemens AG ICM as a Quality Manager in the TQM Department, later as a Director Supply Quality Management.
As Director Supply Quality Management, his responsibilities focused on guaranteeing the material qualification and the capacities needed for ramp-up of high-volume consumer products in cooperation with national and international suppliers and development departments using Lean, Lean Six Sigma tools and methods. During his tenure, material related failures and nonconformance costs decreased by more than 50 % each year, and incoming inspection declined by more than 30% each year. The Lean, Lean Six Sigma projects he guided in the supply chain management process yielded savings of more than 6 million € in two years.
For ten years, Mr. Yurdakul worked on R&D of controls for power tools, small and major appliances, and automobiles. For six years, Mr. Yurdakul worked as head of a Customer Support Department and was responsible for customer care, failure analysis process, and Quality Management methodologies.
He is a DGQ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Qualität e.V.) certified Quality Manager and an OEQ (European Organization for Quality) certified Quality Systems Manager. He holds also DGQ Certificate QII, Statistical Methods and Quality Techniques. He is co-publisher of the book “Mit Six Sigma zu Business Excellence” by Siemens Publicis Corporate Publishing in Germany (ISBN 3-89578-185-1 / Dec. 2002). He has various patents from Siemens AG ICM. Mr. Yurdakul is a German national who speaks English, German, French and Turkish.
- Master Black Belt & Black Belt Training and Certification Six Sigma Academy/Siemens AG (2001-2006)
- Certificate EOQ (European Organisation for Quality) Quality Systems Manager/EOQ (2001)
- Certificate DGQ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Qualität) -Quality Manager (2001)
- TQM / DGQ (2000)
- Product Optimisation and Product Reliability / DGQ (2000)
- Analysis of Measurements / DGQ (2000)
- Analysis of Failures and Failed Parts / DGQ (2000)
- The new ISO 9000 - Revision 2000 / DGQ (2000)
- Certificate DGQ-QII, Statistical Methods and Quality Techniques / DGQ (2000)
- Statistical Methods / DGQ (1999)
- Certificate DGQ-Interner Quality Auditor / DGQ (1999)
- Quality Management Systems / DGQ (1999)
- Quality Management Systems and internal Audit / DGQ (1998)
- Project Management in Development/MBM Carmen Blind (1996)