Confused about how to 'Dress for Success'? If you are a job seeker or a promotion seeker, knowing how to dress professionally and avoid image blunders at work, can provide the competitive edge you are looking for. This course is designed to increase professionalism by taking the confusion out of, “what to wear to work".
Gain knowledge and skills to stand out as a professional, by dressing more effectively in business casual to business formal environments.
- Identify professional guidelines for Formal to Informal business attire.
- Determine what to wear to look authoritative, credible, approachable or relaxed.
- Discover the power of colour and how to wear it effectively.
- Recognize 'image-makers' and how to incorporate them into your business wardrobe.
- Spot 'Image-Breakers' – those costly faux pas that undermine your effectiveness at work.
The term 'Dress for Success' was coined in the 1970's, by author John Molloy. However, the rules for business dress have changed. Since the dawn of 'business casual' dressing in the 1990's, companies continue to shift their requirements on what to wear at work to dress for success. Some have established dress codes with specific guidelines, while others leave it open for their employees to determine what's appropriate. Without defined guidelines, dressing for work can be very confusing.
This course answers the questions, “What to wear? How to wear it? When to where it?" It will help you dress more effectively and feel more confident about workplace attire in today's global environment.
Content and Overview
This course is fast paced and fluff free. Through 31 lectures, the 26 page 'Dressing to Win in the Workplace' study guide, loads of examples as well as supplemental articles & resources, this course provides easy strategies to select the right work clothes and make your work clothes work for you. It also includes a lecture dedicated to hygiene and grooming. Each section offers a short quiz to evaluate your learning progress.
'Dressing to Win in the Corporate Arena' is designed for personal and professional development based on corporate seminars Kimberly Law has been presenting since 1999.
Here is what people are saying about Kimberly's presentations:
“The info was presented in a very non-judgemental, informative way. Good, simple, effective tips. I will apply them in my daily life for business dress and will feel more confident." ~ S. Buse
“Kimberly gave very practical advice and examples for business dress." ~ C. Tam
“I really liked the applicability of the information." T. Pappas
“Important details everyone needs to know." ~ T. Mobayen
“A picture is worth a thousand words! Good illustration!" ~ R. Zhang
This course is suitable for job seekers, promotion seekers or anyone who feels they need a refresher on how to dress appropriately for the interview, at the office or business mixers.
This lecture, along with self-study of the complementary study guide and supplemental materials provide the basics that will fast track you, to a more professional you. It will also prepare participants on the IITTI track, to write the 'Personal Appearance' component of the IITTI Level 1 Certification exam through the Institute of Image Training and Testing International.
Who this course is for:
- Men and Women
- Job seekers
- Promotion Seekers
- School graduates
- Those who want a refresher on how to "dress for success".
- Employers who want to implement business dress code strategies
- Interest in looking professional while at work
- Desire to succeed
- Willingness to evaluate yourself and make changes that will enhance your credibility in the workplace.
- Aspiration to stand-out as a professional
- Choose your clothing and accessories to dress confidently and excel in the workplace.
- Select appropriate clothing and accessories to dress effectively in formal to casual work environments.
- Evaluate your personal appearance to spot image mistakes that may undermine your professional image.
- Immediate access to business dress know-how's that help you win in the workplace.
- Shop for clothing and accessories that will add credibility to your professional appearance.
- Download 26 page, PDF study guide "Dressing to Win in the Workplace ~ the personal impact guide to IITTI Level 1 Standard: Personal Appearance"