80% of employees and job seekers pursue traditional paths chasing 20% of promotions and jobs. Meanwhile, 20% of those with insider knowledge know how to pursue 80% of promotions and jobs. Jim shows everyone how to act like an insider… if you are willing to follow the Roadmap to Career Success. This course helps you learn the secrets you can use for the rest of your life. It is an investment in yourself and your value to hiring managers and decision makers.
The course series outlines what the road map to career success is, beginning with an in-depth look at why you need to compete in your career, what a career road map should look like, and how to define your passion and vision for your career. Then you'll begin to understand how to close the gaps between what you want and what you're getting, how to help others understand you, how to communicate with others, and most importantly, how to sell yourself to decision makers.
Who this course series is for:
- Anyone interested in personal development, career development, job search, or related fields
- No advanced preparation or prerequisites are required for this course
- Experience with being employed in a competitive environment helpful
- Identify the global trends that are impacting professionals today, explore how the steps you are taking may not be the best investment of your time and money, and discover the strategic formula for providing you a strategic model that you can follow today and continue using for the rest of your life.
- Identify where you have competitive gaps using the Strategic Formula #1.
- Define the concept of a Value Worker and the Laws of Business, and recognize how to personally apply them for career success.
- Discover the Strategic Career Road Map for providing you a strategic model with tactical steps that you can follow today and continue using for the rest of your life.
- Explore How to Identify What Your Passion Is and Is Not, Why Passion makes a huge difference, How to Identify Your Passions, and How to Identify What Your Vision Is and Is Not.
- Recognize Why having a Clear Vision Matters.
- Identify How to Define Your Vision and Red Lights
- Explore why Red Lights matter and why Perceptions matter.
- Recognize how Red Lights are a Two-Way Street.
- Explore The Secret Formula #2 and recognize why it matters.
- Explore how an Advisory Program differs from being Mentored and how using an Advisor can accelerate your career or job search.
- Discover what a Brand is, recognize its value, and explore how can you create your Brand.
- Discover what a Value Proposition is, recognize it’s critical purpose, and explore how can you create your Value Proposition
- Recognize how stories are used and discover what Layered Conversation is.
- Explore what a Marketing Document is and identify what a Marketing Action Plan is.
- Discover how you can target where to network, ientify the Networking Big Picture, and explore Insider Networking Techniques.
- Explore the concept of a Referral Meeting.
- Identify what a Resume is and recognize when it is used.
- Discover what an Interview really is and how to approach it.
- Recognize when and how you negotiate terms.
- Identify what you should do after landing a promotion or new job.