Create ARFoundation app & TEMPLATE for AR Photo app.
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
Learn to make an Augmented Reality Furniture placement app & get the template for an AR Photo app like Google stickers.
ITS IMPORTANT TO NOTE ARFOUNDATION IS VERY NEW. Unity might decide to change it which is out of my control. If you've done programming before then you're aware of version changes, but I thought I should still warn you, nothing in coding is perfect! :)
- So who is this course for? Well, if you have basic knowledge in unity and would like to add AR to your skills whether its developing for AR on Android or IOS, this course is for you
- If you do NOT know the basics of unity, and don't know how to build to your phone or install unity, this course is NOT for you
- The best way to know if this course is right for you, is try out the first few free videos, if you get stuck drop me a line too, I'd be happy to help. If you learn from them and enjoy them, this course is for you!
- You will need an AR compatible phone, iPhone or android, I've designed the course on an android but the code works for both and I even show you it working on an IOS device
- I've even designed some parts of the course to work if you DONT have an AR phone aswell so you can still learn and work in the unity editor. Try out those tutorials for free too :)
- This course was built using Unity version 2018.2.2f1, so please make sure you use the same version as it has been tested for that and I cannot guarantee it will work for other furthers, having said that I have been told it does work for newer version too
- You should download and install Unity version 2018.2.2f1 from the unity website
This is the first AR course of its kind, there are 2 Key parts to this course...
- First I'm going to teach you how to create a very simple furniture placement app, but thats not all!
- I'll also give you the full template code for an actual AR Photo Camera app and teach you how to edit the template and add your own Gameobjects aswell.
You can even download a developed app built from that template NOW from the android store, just search "AR Photo Tutorial Satwant" on the Google Play Store.
You'll be coding in Unity and using Unity's official ARFoundation package, so the code you write will work on Android & IOS AR devices.
The first part is a simple AR furniture placement course.
- Create a menu that will display the objects people can place
- Learn to automatically place those Gameobjects on the ground
- Learn where you can download different Gameobjects for free
- Have those Gameobjects automatically rotate towards the camera
- Additional Videos like hiding the ARPlane and Adding light estimation
The second part involves editing the template for an actual AR Photo app
The template allows for
- Changing the icons and Gameobjects to be anything you want
- Rotating objects using fingers
- Simple scaling objects with two fingers
- Taking a photo of the Augmented Reality image with environment.
- Adding sound and animating the gameobjects
Without the ability to drop items to your games, how is the user meant to interact? I'll make sure you get this fundamental skill under your belt.
ARFoundation is an official package made by Unity themselves. It makes developing on ARCore AND ARKit devices even easier by providing a set of MonoBehaviours for dealing with different devices, Android or Apple, your code will still works on both!
You can see Unity talk about ARFoundation here :
You can see more indepth information about ARFoundation here:
Some information about me, it's not essential to the course so feel free to skip, I won't be offended I promise ahaha
You should download and install Unity version 2018.2.2f1 from the unity website.
There are 3 ways to get AR Foundation, for this course I'd like you to get AR Foundation from the resources so we have the same code base.
1) You can download ARFoundation from the unity package manager.
2) or from this address. https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/arfoundation-samples
But for now, I want you to get ARFoundation here on these slides DOWNLOADABLE MATERIALS.
In the future when you finish this course and want to create other projects I'd recommend downloading from the address(number 2 above) Then upgrading if needed to a stable version later on in the life cycle of your project.
Here we explain the code so you have a better idea of what is going on.
Changing our code to automatically place our object on the floor
Why do we need to create inside of Unity?
Developing our test environment
Using our test environment to add Lerp to our object placement
Shooting our cube from the Camera
Fixing rotation bug and hiding the object
Finding furniture models and adding them to our app
Auto Rotate to face the user
Bug fix - simple but important for rotation and camera
How to add Shadows to ARFoundation
Download tree here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dyke172m03nwvz/Tree.zip?dl=0
Shader Code : https://www.dropbox.com/s/rukv16fnkxs6q84/TransparentShadow.shader?dl=0
Full project here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/43k8f2wri2y824j/Shadow.zip?dl=0
* Tree created by
* Alex “SAFFY” Safayan
Upgrading our unity version
Blank IOS folder in XCode part 1
Blank IOS folder in XCode part 2
Camera Usage description missing bug
IOS component missing when trying to build to phone
Linker command failed and ARWorld bug
From 0 to 1: Hive for Processing Big DataLoony Corn