Undoubtedly, Hibernate is the most popular Java ORM framework. Almost every Real World Project today uses Hibernate.
Hibernate is the most popular implementation of JPA. It was the most popular ORM framework option before JPA emerged and it provides additional features on top of JPA. We will use Hibernate as the JPA implementation in this course.
The Java Persistence API provides Java developers with an api for mapping java objects to relational data. In this course, you will learn about the Hibernate, JPA API, JPQL (Java Persistence query language), Java Persistence Criteria API and how you can perform ORM (Object Relational Mapping) with JPA and Hibernate.
During this course
- You will learn the basics of Hibernate - Entities, Relationships, and Annotations
- You will understand approaches to querying data using Hibernate Query Language
- You will understand JPA and Hibernate Relationships - Many to One and One to Many
- Basic knowledge of Core Java
- Knowledge of SQL commands would help, but absolutely not necessary
- Enthusiasm to learn :-)
- Object Relational Mapping concepts
- Create a Maven project in Eclipse with Hibernate dependencies
- Explore the Session API
- Perform CURD operations using the Session API
- Understand Hibernate Transactions
- Query for entity objects