Leaflet.js is one of the most popular libraries for creating beautiful looking maps. Companies like Facebook, Pinterest, and The Washington Post use Leaflet to create maps that draw-in and engage viewers in a unique way.
In this course, we'll be using the Leaflet package for R to analyze FBI homicide data in the United States.
Who this course is for:
- People who like using R and who wish to become proficient in creating maps to represent their data
- A beginner understanding of R
- Create a dynamic map with a customized theme
- Overlay data on maps
- Add interactive data labels and controls
- Show summary statistics with choropleth maps
- Use RMarkdown to create and share reports that contain dynamic maps
- Use RShiny to enhance the dynamic features of Leaflet and share ours map as a web app