Master the power of Ansible to hasten scalable orchestration, DevOps, and automation. Two complete courses in one comprehensive training program.
Ansible is one of the most popular and simple IT automation engine that automates cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration, and many other IT needs. Designed for multi-tier deployments since day one, Ansible models your IT infrastructure by describing how all of your systems interrelate, rather than just managing one system at a time.
This comprehensive 2-in-1 training course is designed to give you a foundation in the core concepts of Ansible 2 where you will get acquainted with using Ansible 2 features like playbooks, modules and various testing strategies. Get to explore Ansible with cloud services and its AWS provisioning and troubleshoot Ansible and its supported resources and utilities.
Contents and Overview
This training program includes 2 complete courses, carefully chosen to give you the most comprehensive training possible.
The first course, Ansible 2 for Beginners, you will get started with Ansible 2.0, including its installation, the problems it solves, and more. You’ll then be creating your very first playbook. You’ll understand the power of variables and quickly be able to manage environments and implement strategies. You'll find out how to integrate with different cloud platforms and be introduced to Ansible Galaxy and Tower, which are Ansible's enterprise tooling for supporting large-scale infrastructure.
The second course, Mastering Ansible, aims to help you master Ansible while tackling and learning multiple topics. It starts with Ansible's architecture and how to provide effective scalable automation. Further, you’ll look into Ansible modules and playbooks with YAML syntax and execute it. Next, you’ll get to know about advanced Ansible playbooks, and even structure them. You’ll learn to use Ansible with cloud services and containers and provision it with AWS and Docker. Finally, you will master troubleshooting, validating, and testing with Ansible.
By the end of this training program, you will be well versed with the features of Ansible 2 and will be able to automate your organizational infrastructure easily.
About the Authors
- James Spurin is an IT professional with over 15 years working in a variety of technology fields including internet technologies, automation, software development, storage, and Unix administration. He holds an MSc with Distinction in Computer Science, Software Engineering from Liverpool University. Professionally he has worked for a variety of major organizations including Dell EMC, Goldman Sachs, Nomura, and Virgin Internet. He is also an advisory board member for StorageOS, a container-based storage solution. He is an active contributor to open source software and is the creator and maintainer of XML Dataset, a Python library featured on the awesome Python list for parsing XML data.
- Prior knowledge of system administration is a must
- Prior knowledge of Ansible is not necessary for this course
- Master the art of configuring and managing your infrastructure using Ansible Playbooks
- Learn how to apply Conditions and Loops for control flow in your Playbooks
- Create task Blocks and choose the right Ansible Strategy for the job
- Integrate Ansible with various Cloud Providers such as AWS and Openstack
- Structuring Ansible playbooks: includes, roles, tags
- Master troubleshooting, validating, and testing with Ansible