Move into the modern DevOps world with Git, Docker, and Puppet
Ready to get more efficient and effective in overcoming day-to-day IT infrastructure challenges? Let’s take advantage of the DevOps revolution!
Packt’s Video Learning Paths are a series of individual video products put together in a logical and stepwise manner such that each video builds on the skills learned in the video before it.
DevOps looks at software development in a whole new way. You can automate and build configurations for infrastructure servers and then address areas of automation, continuous deployment, containers, and monitoring. Git, Docker, and Puppet are the foremost tools in the modern DevOps world.
This Learning Path covers a deep dive into DevOps with the Mastering DevOps section. We then cover the basics of version control using Git with the Learning Git section. Further on, we move towards mastering containerization using Docker in the Mastering Docker section. Finally, we learn how to leverage Puppet to ease configuration management in our IT infrastructure.
We have designed this course keeping in mind what modern DevOps engineers require to fully utilize the resources in hand.
Dave Mangot is the director of operations for Librato and Papertrail and an accomplished systems engineer with over 20 years of experience. He has led transformations of multiple companies both in operational maturity and in a deeper adherence to DevOps thinking.
Shrikrishna Holla is a full-stack developer and entrepreneur based in Bengaluru. He builds and maintains sigalrm.io, a service that provides actionable alerts, allowing your engineers to take immediate remedial measures.
Thomas Uphill is a long-time user of Puppet. He has presented Puppet tutorials at LOPSA-East, Cascada, and PuppetConf. He has also been a system administrator for over 20 years, working primarily with RedHat systems. He runs the Puppet User Group of Seattle (PUGS).
- Prior system administration experience will be an added advantage
- Gain skills in order to add resilient services to your app or infrastructure by learning configuration management, continuous deployment, and other DevOps techniques
- Employ the advantageous features of Git in your projects to optimize your workflow
- Explore opportunities with Docker to achieve rapid application deployment, reliability, scalability, and portability across machines and clouds
- Deploy and configure Puppet and learn advanced techniques in a medium to large organization