Induction motors are the most widely used electrical motors due to their reliability, low cost, ruggedness and robustness.
However, induction motors do not inherently have the capability of variable speed operation.
This course starts off covering some basic subjects which are needed so that you can understand how speed of induction motor can be varied and controlled.
The course consists of the following sections :-
- Induction Motor ( Equations & its equivalent circuit)
- Performance Curve of Induction Motor
- Changing number of poles of the motor
- Stator Voltage Control Method
- Rotor Voltage Control Method
- Frequency Control Method
- Stator Voltage and Frequency Control Method
- Stator Current Control Method
At the end of the course you will understand all of the fundamentals of speed and torque control of induction motor and understand how to create its performance curve successfully using MATLAB.
- You should be familiar with basics of induction motors
- You should be familiar with basics of MATLAB programming
- Revise all equations regarding induction motor and its equivalent circuit
- Create torque - speed characteristic curves of induction motor
- Create current - speed characteristic curve of induction motor
- know the principle concept of speed control of induction motor
- Create M-Files using MATLAB programming for different methods of speed control
- Learn the basics of Variable Speed Drives