This course is based on a number of talks given to the business community by the author.
The course outlines some new thinking for Business Success in the 21st Century. If you are a leader, manager, or even a solopreneur this course gives you new ways to look at what you do. Many of the ideas here are deliberately provocative and thought stimulating, so if you take the course, please chip in with your own thoughts, concepts and new thinking in the discussion thread!
So, are you already a successful in your chosen career or would you like to become successful? Are you following traditional thinking and guidance about how to become a success in your chosen subject area, or are you looking for new and better ways to live your life and to do your business?
Taken from a series of live lectures delivered by the author, the Course gets you to look differently at business that is fit for the 21st Century. Although full of insights for those working in big companies, this course is especially relevant for smaller more nimble companies (including solopreneurs and freelancers) who want to help take their business to the next ‘level’. There are also insights for anyone thinking of starting their own business and wanting to become an entrepreneur.
Although we still need to continue with many of the business processes of the past (which are not covered here) it is important to take stock and consider how new thinking, new knowledge and new skills will enhance your business longevity, well being and success. The course is not about the things that lead to short-term transient success, but is about the things you need to THINK about and take ACTION on, in order to achieve long-term meaningful 'success'.
The course comprises several live recorded talks that have been delivered to various professional/networking groups in the UK and the content includes:
- How Premature Organisation prevents Conception
- A Four Quadrant model of Knowledge
- A new approach to your 'Health Insurance'
- Mind Mapping introduced as an important business skill
- Expert Frame of Mind v the Learner Frame of Mind (and the fall of the expert)
- A ‘Cash Flow Quadrant’ - to get you thinking about your personal value
- My FIVE Knowledges for Business Success
- The rise of the Millionaire Teachers (something to think about)
- A different perspective about TIME (How much have you got?)
- The importance of Sleep time, Downtime and Brain Time
Who this course is for:
- Entrepreneurs, Solopreneurs, SMEs, already successful in business and those that want to be
- The ambitious professional: Maybe you’ve been in your industry for a while or you are just starting out, and you are ready to accelerate your career and start building for your future
- The determined entrepreneur: You are out on your own struggling with others in highly competitive niches and if you want to be truly successful, you need a slight edge. If you are an entrepreneur looking for a way to improve your overall effectiveness this course could be the answer
- The creative artist: Perhaps you are an artist with a vision and need the mental space and creativity to make your dreams come true. Whether musician, painter, or dancer, optimising your knowledge and thinking skills is great for your personal improvement
- The overworked employee: You may not love what you do for work and have plans to make a change in your life and this course will open up your thinking to give you a much larger ‘canvas’ in which to forge a possible new career
- The university student: Education is important to you and getting good grades is your mission. (in which case my other course on Learning-toLearn and Mind Mapping will be very helpful). However you also need to look beyond your degree and widen your Knowledge about Knowledge to help you forge your future success and this course willer a ‘wake-up’ call
- Business Commentators, Think Tanks, Economists
- If you have ambition and appreciate that there maybe important knowledge that remains hidden from you that could be important for future business and personal success
- A good grasp of the English language in order to follow the lectures
- A desire to improve yourself
- Appreciate some of the new knowledge and skills for business success
- Understand the importance of the knowledge that 'you don't know you don't know'
- Understand and practice a four quadrant model of knowledge
- Use models of the brain to understand good business practice
- Reflect upon these 'New Skills and Knowledge and put forward alternative thinking in discussion thread
- A new ‘Cash Flow Quadrant’ for Soloprenuers
- A new approach to Business 'Health Insurance'
- Mind Mapping as an important business skill
- Determine "how much TIME have you got?"