In this course we will expand the topic of auto-update narratives in financial reports to building fully-integrated financial reports and financial slides through the integration of EXCEL with Microsoft WORD and Microsoft POWER POINT. In PARTS I and II, we have demonstrated on how to set up automated financial reports in EXCEL and how to build interactive monthly/quarterly/yearly financial reports. In this part, we will introduce some rarely-used but most effective way of automating financial documents (in WORD) and presentations (in PINPOINT) by synchronizing them with financial reports (in EXCEL). Once synched, there will be no need to manually update numbers and narratives over and over again. This course will serve as a review for accounting and finance professionals who need to sharpen their EXCEL skills in building fully-integrated financial statements and presentations in WORD and POWER POINT.
- Knowledge of intermediate EXCEL formulas (such as TEXT, CONCATENATE, CHAR), or the following Proformative course
- Automating Financial Reporting in EXCEL (Part II): Self-Service Reporting for Executives
- Identify key components in building integrated financial documents and presentations (tables, charts, and narratives)
- List 3 essential formulas in designing automated narratives
- Name methods in synchronizing numbers and narratives in financial documents in WORD with underlying financial statements in EXCEL
- Name methods in synchronizing numbers and narratives in financial presentations in POWER POINT with underlying financial statements in EXCEL
- Recognize ways of customizing charts in order to fit into reports