Productive Expertise & Efficiency
0 Students Enrolled
Create stunning and fully interactive data visualizations in Excel 2013.
Excel 2013 Dashboard Design will show you how to turn your organization’s data into a powerful and interactive dashboard. By learning these easy-to-implement, advanced techniques, you can impress and empower the decision-makers in your organization, making you an irreplaceable asset.
Excel 2013 Dashboard Design begins by creating a vision for the dashboard with the help of stakeholders, and then moves on to gathering the data and building each element of the dashboard. The course ends with comparing distribution strategies appropriate for every size and type of organization.
The first section, Outputs and Inputs, covers the strategic aspects of planning your finished product and bringing in all of the necessary data from your database or Excel workbook. We then explore PowerPivot, a powerful bridge between your raw data and Excel. PivotTables will help us slice our data in a flexible manner, and Charts give us at-a-glance comprehension of important metrics and trends. Stylizing and Interactivity enhance the user experience and present the information in a manageable format. Publication can be problematic without proper planning, but we’ll cover the most effective ways to distribute your dashboard to any type or size of audience.
Excel 2013 Dashboard Design will guide you through your entire project, start to finish, covering every part of the process in depth. Since you’ll not only learn how to do each task, but also why it would be beneficial for you, you’ll be able to easily translate your learning into your own dashboard design project.
About the Author
Tony Kau is a Tableau Desktop 8 Qualified Associate, and he is putting its power to use in his role as a reporting analyst for a Fortune 500 company. His analytical background spans a decade, during which he has used a variety of business intelligence software, though none were better than Tableau. His passion is efficiently leveraging data to inform strategic business decisions.
He holds a degree in Business Administration from the University of Oregon, and his background includes web design, programming, and financial analysis.
Basic knowledge of excel is required.
- Master the dashboard planning and design process by incorporating feedback from your audience, setting yourself up for success
- Import data from your SQL or Access Database, or another spreadsheet, so that you can utilize all the relevant data in your dashboard
- Implement PowerPivot as a flexible aggregation point for all your data, creating a bridge between Excel and your data sources
- Utilize PivotTables to aggregate, slice, and present data exactly how your audience needs to see it
- Deploy PivotCharts to effectively illustrate trends and metrics to your audience
- Stylize and enhance your dashboard with conditional formatting and SparkLines to quickly communicate KPIs to your stakeholders
- Add interactive features that put your audience in control of the data that they see, allowing them to drill down and focus on what is important to them
- Quickly create a sleek and powerful dashboard using the new Power View feature
- Explore the publishing options for your dashboard and deploy it using the most effective medium for your audience
1130$ 19.99 $ 99.99
27$ 12.99 $ 64.99
18$ 12.99 $ 64.99
20$ 12.99 $ 64.99
82$ 12.99 $ 64.99