This course is one of a video series that documents common issues met in working with Microsoft EXCEL. This course presents 10 cases which have been collected directly from real working environments and are intended to share with professionals using EXCEL so that they can learn how to leverage the tool in “the real world”.
For these cases to be relevant and organized, the course first provides a unique view of the Body of Knowledge (BOK) of EXCEL created by the instructor, which is a first in EXCEL training and publications. The BOK illustrates the usual learning path of an EXCEL learner, naturally from basic to intermediate, and then on to advanced and expert levels. The BOK is open-ended with the top level embracing more esoteric skills and future developments in EXCEL.
Under the guidance of the BOK, all cases are tailored to the corresponding knowledge level so that the learner may ascertain which areas they are good at and which require a bit more work. For each case, the course illustrates what the issues are, why the issues exist, and how to solve them. The course also encourages contributions from the audience who believe there may be better ways of resolving these issues. Those suggestions from the audience will be shared and acknowledged in future parts of the series.
This course serves as a refresher for all professionals who need to sharpen their EXCEL skills for professional use.
If you would like Continuing Education Credit (e.g. CPE, CE, CPD, etc.) for this course, it is available if you take this course on the Illumeo dot com platform under course title: EXCEL Challenges (Part I): Real Cases from Work. Illumeo is certified to provide CPE in over two dozen different professional certifications covering finance, accounting, treasury, internal audit, HR, and more. However, in order to receive CPE credit the courses must be taken on an ‘approved-by-the-governing-body’ CPE platform, and for over two dozen corporate professional certifications, that is the Illumeo platform. Go to Illumeo dot com to learn more.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone Interested in Excel
- No Advanced Preparation or Prerequisites are needed for this course
- Experience with Excel is helpful
- Identify key components in the EXCEL body of knowledge (BOK) created by the instructor
- Discover 4 major ways of initiating a command in EXCEL
- Explore the features of cells, rows, columns, sheets, and files in EXCEL
- Recognize means of achieving dynamic features by using certain formulas and functions
- Discover ways of deploying commands by using keyboard short-cuts
- Explore methods to apply appropriate cell format and page layout