This course is one of a video series that document common issues met in working with Microsoft EXCEL. This course presents 10 cases which have been collected directly from real working environments and are intended to share with professionals using EXCEL so that they can learn how to leverage the tool in “the real world”.
For these cases to be relevant and organized, the course first provides a unique view of the Body of Knowledge (BOK) of EXCEL created by the instructor, which is a first in EXCEL training and publications. The BOK illustrates the usual learning path of an EXCEL learner, naturally from basic to intermediate, and then on to advanced to expert levels. The BOK documents the essential components of EXCEL, such as cells, sheets, files, tables, formulas, commands, macros, pivot tables, and power suite, and is open ended with the top level embracing more esoteric skills and future developments in EXCEL.
Under the guidance of the BOK, all cases are tailored to the corresponding knowledge level so that the learner may ascertain which areas they are good at and which require a bit more work. For each case, the course illustrates what the issues are, why the issues exist, and how to solve them. The course also encourages contributions from audience who believe there may be better ways of resolving these issues. Those suggestions from the audience will be shared and acknowledged in future parts of the series.
This course serves as a refresher for all professionals who need to sharpen their EXCEL skills for professional use.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in Excel
- No Advanced Preparation or Prerequisites are needed for this course
- Identify key components in EXCEL body of knowledge (BOK)
- Explore features of TEXT functions in EXCEL
- Understand means of getting file names and sheet names
- Understand how to make simple VBAs by using Macro Recorder
- Discover examples to deploy batch processing when working in EXCEL
- Explore ways to synchronize charts in dashboard reporting