EXCEL VBA EVENTS - Series6
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
- This course is meant for those students who know basics of vba very well like variables loops and arrays. We are taking a deep dive in Events and learning them from scratch.
- Events can do wonder to you projects and if you do not know them you cannot call yourself a completer program. Putting conditions like if any change happen in a cell , run a macro or when sheet deactivates or activates - run a macro and do some job. These sort of macros you will be able to make after completing this program.
- What is application.intersect term in events and how why where we use them.
- If Events use in sheets or entire workbook - the difference .
- How to use the Undo commands using vba -undo syntax. Generally, we use ctrl+z to undo in excel but Can it be done in VBA too? How Events can work with this undo command and what is the role of undo command in projects made on events.
- How we can go ahead and Create log details using events in Excel without letting user know about it.
- Selection event and Change events- most used events and how they sometimes call themselves and create problems. How to overcome.
- How do we use Target key word in Events.
- Does target keywords can be used outside Event windows. How we should understand the meaning of Target in Events while writing the program.
- How to handle overlapping of Events - Sometime it happens that due to one change in event the other one fires immediately which changes the fate of your programe and can prove as fatal code for your data. What are the different approaches we can use in these cases.
- Debugging of events - Is it F8 or something else. Importance of debugging the project before it gets ready to launch.
- Use of Events in Excel Dashboard?
- Live projects coming directly from students, Projects that will make anyone jumping in joy.
Good knowledge of Public,local and module level variables . Good knowledge of Loops , IF Functions and Collection loops is needed.
You will be able to make the macros which run on conditions like if any change happens in a cell or before saving excel file or going from one sheet to another. These are all called events and they do not need any button to run macros . They are self triggered macros and they run whenever there is a condition match found.
What are events.
What are different type of events. Their use and practical use.
We are discussing each and everything in this series about events and i have uploaded projects also for you so that you can not only understand the events but their use. One of the best feature or topic in VBA. So powerful and so stylish and so much capable of doing complex tasks in just seconds. Watch all lectures one by one.
another quick example to show you the power of events. This video is using send keys with events. Great video to see the power of Events. After this start your real learning
If you want to highlight row when you select a cell in excel how you can do it with the help of Events. This project is amazing because this not only talks about selection change event but how while writing the code you can expect some unimaginable errors and then how we can plan to sort out them . Its a 25 min great learning.
This project shows us the use of selection and change event in single vba code.Here, we are using send keys to show drop down of data validation and this happens via vba. See the use of send keys and how excel functions are used to create this magic.