This course is for aspiring accountants or non-CPA finance professionals who want to improve their understanding of how accounting works. This course packs the best of what you need to know to understand core accounting concepts and perform common accounting transactions in one hour.
Along the way, I show you tips and techniques to make sure you stay on track and your books balance. I teach you how to prepare financial statements using a simple conceptual model that can apply to any organization small or large.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in accounting for business
- Anyone in finance, accounting, or related fields
- No advanced preparation or prerequisites are required for this course
- Describe and recognize the accounting underlying financial statements
- Analyze business transactions to determine which are reportable, and of those, which are on account of income and which are on account of capital
- Prepare journal entries for common business transactions
- Post entries to create a general ledger and a trial balance using a spreadsheet
- Prepare the income statement, the statement of changes in equity, and the balance sheet