Most people are aware of the stock market, but few actually understand it. This class will simplify the basics so that you become part of the enlightened minority. The course covers an introduction to the following: market capitalization; the pros and cons of different security investments (including stocks, bonds, and options); how security investments work; how to differentiate between common and preferred stock; the difference between primary and secondary markets; and the appeal and danger of penny stocks. We aim to clarify how this all works for those who feel like the stock market is too boring or confusing to understand.
- None; just an interest in the subject
- Learn how stock investment can be profitable
- Learn how stocks and bonds differ
- Learn the advantages and disadvantages of both stocks and bonds
- Identify the difference between investing in debt vs. investing in equity
- Learn about some different classes of stock
- Learn about the stock exchanges and how to purchase stocks