Award-winning veteran indie filmmaker Steve Balderson presents a Maverick Masterclass on Film Financing. In this course, you will learn:
- How to find investors
- Who are the five kinds of investors
- How to gain rapport with each of them
- Valuable communication techniques
- The gentle art of persuasion
Although the focus of this workshop is on filmmaking and film finance, any entrepreneur seeking investors will find this workshop especially useful.
For this workshop, you will need:
- To be fluent in the English language (there are predicate lessons and verb tenses which will be very challenging for anyone not already fluent in English)
- Previous knowledge of how to create a business plan
- A willingness to think outside of the box
- Software which can open PDF documents
- A printer (optional)
WHAT OTHERS SAY:
- “The workshop was fantastic, I enjoyed every minute of it and I loved the thoroughness of the information discussed. The information was very useful. I gained the perspective of utilizing how to speak more effectively with people. I can use what I learned in the workshop to help me with my future projects and my daily life. I would wholeheartedly recommend this workshop to others.” – A.H.
- “I had some knowledge about building a business plan and budget, no insight into where to find investors though. Biggest shift was that raising funds now seems obtainable. It will take a lot of leg work but now I have a direction and a place to start. For anyone who has made a film or plans on making a film this workshop was a great place to not only start, but also to enhance knowledge that one might already have about approaching potential investors.” – J.J.
- “I thought the flow and the agenda was terrific.” – C.A.
- "Dikenga for life!" - Lloyd Kaufman, President Troma Entertainment
Who this course is for:
- Filmmakers and any entrepreneur wondering how to find investors or financing
- Anyone wanting to learn better communication skills
- Anyone who has had trouble in the past with fundraising
- There are no prerequisites, but if you have knowledge about how to build a business plan it will be useful
- Fluent speaker of the English language. Verb tenses can become very confusing if one is still learning
- You will know how to find investors and pitch to them with skill
- You will have stronger, more effective communication skills
- You will know how to gain rapport with people