The pressure on the finance function has never been higher to deliver financial results as soon as possible after the period. Managers, analysts, boards, and investors are digesting market information in real time and are beginning to expect the same of financial results. To meet these high expectations, the CFO and controller need to find ways to speed up their financial close processes to report the financial results before they become perceived as old news in the new world.
In this course Blair Cook, a many-time CFO, explores ideas for shortening the financial close process. Leading companies have found ways to close their books in as little as one day and see the benefit of almost real-time analysis (in addition to the actual period financial data) that can be performed with a shorter close.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone in Accounting or Finance or related fields
- An understanding of accounting, Exposure to the financial close process
- Identify factors that slow down the financial close process
- Discover how to develop strategies for speeding up the financial close process
- Discover how to develop a plan for implementing improvements to the financial close process using change management principles