In this course we look at getting started in a new CFO role. Whether this is your first appointment as CFO or perhaps you are transitioning to a new CFO role at another organization, we look at different approaches for your first 100 days.
We begin with a profile of the modern CFO, that is, what you need to bring to the organization. From there, we look at team building principles and using proven tools to help you assess the existing finance function against best practices. We use a strategic approach to developing an overarching mission and value statement for finance to bring context to specific action plans. We look at structuring the finance function within the organization context to optimize and balance responsiveness to stakeholders with the need for control. Finally, we look at change management principles to help you initiate your first major project.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone in Finance, accounting, or related fields
- Anyone interested in Leadership
- No advanced preparation or prerequisites are needed for this course but basic finance leadership experience is essential
- Recognize the competencies of the modern CFO
- Recognize the maturity level of the finance function
- Identify strategies useful for developing strategic alignment within the finance function