In this course, students will learn Python programming hands-on by using code to create fun art and games. This course teaches programming in Python and the Turtle Graphics library, a Python library used to create digital art and visual patterns. Students with little to no programming experience will find this course particularly useful as it will teach concepts from the ground up. Intermediate level students with an interest in using programming to capture user input and create graphics can also benefit from the later sections of this course.
First, we will look at setting up Python IDLE and Turtle Graphics and some basic things we can do using the graphics library. Next, you will get hands-on experience using programming to create a simple graphics creation program. Finally, you will learn basic game development using Turtle Graphics and will understand how we can capture user input and construct game logic in Python.
By the end of this course, you will have a firm grasp on the foundational concepts of Python programming and be able to implement your knowledge to create visually appealing graphics. You will have a set of skills that you can use to build video games for your portfolio.
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone who wants to take their Python skills up a level
- Beginners who want to learn how to create graphics through code
- Aspiring game programmers and software engineers
- You should have basic knowledge of Python or another basic programming language
- Create digital art through Python code
- Program video games in Python
- Create basic graphics creation programs using Python to build digital art tools