Learn valuable, life saving skills in order to help someone in an emergency. Perfect for beginners or as a refresher!
Could you help somebody in an emergency? Could you help save a life?
Our Introduction To First Aid course will empower you by teaching you these life saving skills.
- Don't worry, you don't need to know anything about First Aid to take this course. We will guide you through the basics of how to save a life, whether you're a beginner or simply looking to refresh your knowledge. You can learn anywhere you like..all you need is a computer, tablet or smartphone!
You will learn about how to treat a range of conditions and understand the importance of offering efficient and effective First Aid.
- Roles Of A First Aider: Understand the role of the first-aider
- Primary Survey: The importance of a Primary Survey and how to conduct one correctly
- Recovery Position: How to place a casualty into the correct position
- The Chain of Survival: The importance of efficient and effective First Aid
- CPR: How to perform CPR correctly
- AED (Automated External Defibrillator): How to use an AED correctly
- Preventing Cross Infection: How to prevent cross infection by appropriate care when giving first aid
- Heart Attack: How to identify signs and symptoms of a heart attack and be able to assist the casualty
- Choking: How to help somebody who is suffering from choking
- Assessing The Scene: Establish and learn what to do when an emergency situation arises
- The Need for Recording Incidents and Accidents: Learn how to and when to records incidents and actions