Hello learners, Welcome to MAKERDEMY’s "MicroPython for the BBC Micro:bit" course. If you are looking for that special course which will help you gain confidence to explore the Micro:bit using MicroPython, you have come to the right place.This is an intermediate level course and prior knowledge of Micro:bit is essential to follow this course.
Through an innovative pedagogy of mixing projects and concepts, this course will help you learn the WHY, HOW and WHAT. To this end, this course is beyond a cook book. You will always know WHY you are doing something. For the more curious learners, we have ample resources to dive in to and continue your learning journey.
In just three hours, you will be confident enough to write code in MicroPython for any compatible hardware. You will also develop an in-depth understanding of the Micro:bit and learn to interface a variety of sensors and peripherals with the Micro:bit.As a part of this course, we will build from ground up, a Weather Station using the Micro:bit with an LCD panel and a BMP180 Sensor. We will also implement a Remote Home Automation Project using a relay module.
If you are a hobbyist, a teacher, a student or an engineer with a basic understanding of electronics and want to learn or teach physical computation with Microbit, this is the course for you
So, what are you waiting for?! Come, join me in this course. I am looking forward to being your instructor and to guide you in tinkering with the BBC Micro:bit using MicroPython.
- Completing our “Introduction to BBC Micro:bit” course is recommended.
- Basic understanding of Electronics
- No prior knowledge in Programming is required
- Good logical thinking
- You will be confident in writing code in MicroPython for any hardware that supports it
- You will be working with all the onboard peripherals of the Micro:bit using MicroPython
- You will understand the working and interfacing of external peripherals
- You will learn the working of Relays, LCD and BMP180 Sensor through projects