RSlogix5000 PLC Training using Ladder Logic. Basic
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
This course covering the RSlogix5000 ladder logic PLC Training Basic is for any of you who may have used or had exposure to a conventional PLC, but with little or no exposure to RSLogix5000 used in any of the 4 platforms where it is used. This software, and the Rockwell Automation platforms that use it, is very powerful and for me is my PLC software and hardware of choice, Very user friendly.
I shall be your instructor during this training and I have had many years practical experience creating projects and programming PLC's, HMI's, commissioning and face to face training.
The course will start by introducing you to the 4 platforms using RSlogix5000 and explaining the differences.
Next, I will cover with you the steps taken to create a RSlogix5000 project and make it work.
There are a number of quizzes that you can complete after each section to help you reinforce your knowledge and gain confidence using the software. There are also some practical labs for you to complete with a solution attached where I will be demonstrating my solution.
At the end of the course, you will feel confident creating and running a project, interrogating an existing project and carrying out necessary changes to a running operation.
The majority of the course consists of video tutorials where I will explain all the different aspects of RSLogix5000 and demonstrate the use of the software for each of these aspects.
The more you can use the software, the better you will be, Then the next course which will cover advanced options of RSLogix5000, will be of real benefit to you.
So if you are really serious about learning RSLogix5000 using platforms such as Controllogix, Compactlogix or even Softlogix then this course is for you. Enroll on this course and you can be learning Today.
- Computer literacy is required
- Some instrumentation and/or electrical knowledge will be an advantage
- Previous PLC knowledge is not required but is advantageous
Listed below are some of the topics I will cover with you in this course.
- An explanation of all the different platforms using the RSLogix5000 software
- I will show you how to create a RSlogix5000 project from scratch
- You will learn the scheduling mechanism used by RSLogix5000 in the form of Tasks, Programs and Routines
- Setting up and navigating the software will teach you the functions of the toolbars and setting up the color scheme preferred by you
- How can the program flow within a project behave? I will show you using instructions such as JSR, MCR and others
- You will learn how to program a ladder routine using the most popular instructions such as Bits, Timers, Counters and many others
- I will show you how to create Tasks, Programs and Routines
- You will learn how to establish communication between computer and PLC using RSlinx
Personal Introduction and Preview
Course Introduction and Overview
Here you will learn the 4 different platforms using RSlogix5000
The Compactlogix platform is an alternative to a Controllogix and here you will learn when it can be used as a less expensive alternative.
Here you will learn how to use a PLC installed as a Soft PLC on a computer to control your plant.
This is just a summary of what has been learned on the previous lessons.
Test your knowledge. Complete the quiz.
You will learn how to create a project from scratch, selecting the correct controller and revision level and giving realistic names.
This lesson is to help you find your way around the software. After using it for a time, you will soon find this quite easy.
Tasks, Programs and Routines using Logix5000
- You will learn the purpose of tasks, programs and routines.
- I will show you how the scheduling mechanism works.
- How to use the different types of ladder routines
There is a lot more, but this is just the highlights if what you will learn.
Creating a Periodic Task using Logix5000.
- I will show you how to create a periodic task.
- You will see how priorities work and time intervals
- Also a brief look at Event tasks.
This is critical for project organization and the most efficient use of communication bandwidth. Used extensively.
Creating a Ladder Routine using Logix5000.
- You will see how a ladder routine is created.
- How to assign ladder routines for different functions.
Very useful and necessary.
This is an Overview of the previous lessons on Project Creation.
Se what you have learned. Test your knowledge creating a project.
Numbering System Relationships.
- This is a refresher as some of you maybe familiar with the relationship between Binary, Decimal and Hexadecimal
- I will show you the relationship between these numbering systems.
Knowing the relationship between these numbering systems can be very useful. Biinary and Decimal are used extensively in PLC systems and Hexadecimal is used with Ethernet technology.
Ladder Logic Bit Instructions as used with Logix5000.
- You will be made familiar with all the commonly used Bit instructions used in Logix5000 ladder logic.
- Instructions like XIC, XIO, ONS and many more.
These instructions are used extensively in ladder logic programming. I will show you when to use which instruction for what.
Program Flow within a Ladder Routine.
- After this lecture, you will know how a program behaves in a ladder routine
- You will see the use of various instruction types to control how a project behaves under certain conditions.
You will use some of these instructions extensively, such as the JSR instruction. There are others and it is very important to know the functionality of all the ones used the most.
Using Timers and Counters in RSLogix5000.
- Timers and counters are used extensively in projects of all kinds.
- I will show you the different types of timers and counters and how to use them.
In this lecture, I will show you the different types of timers and counters and examples of their usage. Very important to know as they are very frequently used.
Using Comparison Instructions within Logix5000.
- You will learn how to use the most popular comparison instructions within RSlogix5000.
- See how they can be used for interlocking and sequencing applications. Extensively used.
Maths Instructions as used in Logix5000.
- You will learn all the popular Maths instructions within RSLogix5000.
- They are used extensively for all kinds of calculations within projects.
- I will show you examples of their use in ladder routines.
A very important aspect of ladder programming.
This will summarize the major points covered in the previous lessons.
This quiz will test your knowledge on ladder programming and numbering systems.
Creating Tags and Defining memory within Logix5000.
- I will show you how memory is defined and utilized.
- You will learn how to create tags and use memory efficiently by creating Arrays.
- You will see the different data types that can be used and the different Tag scopes which can be defined.
A very important part of this training.
Defining I/O and Aliases within Logix5000.
- You will learn how to create various types of I/O modules
- I will show you the scope where they are created.
- You will see examples of Analog I/O configuration.
- Creating alias tags. I will show you.
Without this lecture, you will now be able to create physical l/O and attach realistic tag names to these I/O.
This will summarize the important aspects of tag and I/O creation.
Find out what you learned from this lesson.
Communication between Computer and PLC.
- In this lecture, you will see the importance of RSlinx.
- I will show you how to configure the correct driver for the communication being used.
- You will also learn how to configure an OPC topic for communication with other software.
Without this, communication will never be established. Extremely important.
This just summarizing the communication options.
You can test your knowledge and understanding on how to establish communications.
Documenting a Project.
- Here we will see the importance of using realistic documentation and descriptions in your ladder and your tags . Extremely useful for project familiarization and fault finding.
Searching and Replacing Components.
- Learning the search and replace feature for Tags and Instructions is a very useful feature and is used for fault finding. It makes life so much easier.
Brief summary of the documentation and search feature.
See what you know about documentation and the value of using documentation.
The Gold Standard: CCNA R/S (200-125)Lazaro Diaz