This is the second course in the 3 Minute Italian series and it consists of lessons 10-18. If you're familiar with all the words and phrases you learnt in the course 1, then you're ready to go!
The good thing about the 3 Minute Italian courses is that everything you learn is recapped in later lessons, so you don't have to worry about going back to the start to refresh your memory (although you can if you like, it won't harm you). At the end of every lesson are some recap practice exercises to make sure words and phrases you learnt previously are still secure in your memory.
In this course, you'll start to look at some different sentence structures in Italian. You'll be looking at some ways to ask questions and then you'll get an introduction to a very useful part of the language: verbs. All of this will open up the Italian language to you, giving you many more things to say. Don't worry if you've never come across verbs before, or if you've had a bad experience with learning grammar; everything in this course is explained in a simple and easy to understand way.
As well as the new structures, we'll be exploring some new topic areas including telling the time in Italian, booking taxis and asking where things are. We'll also look at an interesting linguistic feature in English called the Saxon Genitive, and we'll discover that it doesn't exist in Italian so we'll need ways to get around it.
The best way to tackle the trickier features of any language is to spread them out rather than looking at them all at once. Sometimes, when you open a foreign language instruction book, all the linguistic features of the language are introduced on the first page, and it can often be very off putting! In the 3 Minute Italian courses, I have broken them down and spread them about. We look at each particular feature when it crops up naturally in the order of the course. In this course, there are a few such features that need explaining in order to understand how some of the Italian structures work.
In this course, there are also some more Vocabulary Expansion Sheets for you to boost your Italian vocabulary.
I hope you enjoy :-)
Who this course is for:
- This course is for aimed at anybody who has already completed the "3 Minute Italian - Course 1" and would like to progress further
- Before taking this course, make sure you are confident with all the words and phrases you learnt in "3 Minute Italian Course 1"
- Everything is explained clearly and thoroughly without the use of confusing terminology
- Learn some useful question phrases you can use in lots of situations
- Learn some verbs and start to add different structures to your language
- Learn some time phrases, money phrases and mealtime phrases to add more details to your Italian
- Learn to tell the time in Italian
- Learn how to book a taxi in Italian
- Get to grips with Italian pronunciation
- Understand the structure of the Italian language
- Understand and use grammatical and linguistic features of the Italian language with ease
- Build a solid base vocabulary of words and phrases you can use straight away in the real world
- Speak Italian confidently and comfortably in everyday situations
- Understand what's being said back to you
- Be more than just an average tourist when travelling to Italian speaking countries