This course is over 35+ hours long and will cover all the needed subjects to be successful in passing the CCNA 200-120 exam.
But, it will also help the student prepare to pass Cisco's NEW CCENT / ICND1 (100-105) certification exam.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that the simulators/emulators used in this course are not part of the course.It is the students responsibility to copy my labs and practice with them. "Practice makes perfect!
The Cisco Packet Tracer & VIRAL (Virtual Internet Routing Lab) are Cisco proprietary software and can only be obtained through Cisco.
But have more options that those. They can create their own lab with real equipment, get BOSON or GNS3.
It is up to each student to obtain the simulator/emulator of their choice to study along with this course.
Please also NOTE:
.pkt files are not up-loadable to Simpliv's site.
This means you would have to replicate my labs on each lecture here, in order to practice and follow along.
This course will give students an in-depth understanding of networking, using routers and switches and their various configurations and connections. Students will learn how to configure; default, static and dynamic routing. Students will comprehend how to manipulate each of the routing protocols attributes to meet the requirements of the network.
This course will also prepare the student in Layer 2 technology and its various configurations, such as; VLAN’s, VTP, STP, PortFast, EtherChannel, Port-Security, Inter-VLAN communication & Trunking.
Students will also acquire the knowledge needed to secure their routers through the use of Access-list, configuring the different types of NAT & will be able to manage the router’s components.
Students will also be able to thoroughly grasp the concepts of both Internet Protocols; IPv4 & IPv6.
Wide Area Network Protocols will also be covered; HDLC, PPP & Frame Relay. The student will also learn how to create redundancy in their networks through the use of Redundancy Protocols such as HSRP which is just as important. Also, within the WAN, the student will also learn how to create VPN’s and GRE Tunnels.
This is a full comprehensive course that will take you from A-Z in your quest for the CCNA (200-120)...and the new CCENT or ICND2 (100-105).
About "the book":
Throughout the course, you will hear me mention "your book", "a book" or "the book"...and if you're wondering why I don't mention a name...it's because this was done on purpose.
I don't want anyone to purchase a book if you already have one...all CCNA study guides cover the same topics in different manners. So if you already have a CCNA book, you can use it with this course.
However, for those that wonder which book I use in this course...here they are:
Sybex book by Todd Lammle - CCNA 200-120
Amazon book by Lazaro Diaz - The Only IP Book You Will Ever Need!
Students will have the best of both worlds...the information from the old exam and the information for the new exam CCEN or ICND1 (100-105)...and then some.
Hope you enjoy the course!
Who is the target audience?
- This course is intended for anyone that is preparing for a network certification or Computer Science Degree. However, it does go beyond that, it is also intended for those Networking and/or IT Professionals that are already in the field and need a better understanding of networks
- This course is for those that want to achieve the new CCNA R/S (200-125)
- This course will help those in the field understand the fundamentals of Networking
- Basic understanding of Networking
- Students will need to obtain, either the Cisco Packet Tracer or similar simulators (i.e.: GNS3, BOSON, ETC). These are not part of the course and it is not provided
- A CCNA R/S Study Guide book would be helpful
- Desire to pass the CCNA R/S certification exam
- This is a complete & comprehensive CCNA R/S, the CCENT & ICND2. It is designed to prepare the student to be able take any of these certification exam
- Once you finish this course, the student will not only have the confidence to take and be able to pass the test, but they should be able to transfer the knowledge acquired to a networking environment
- Understanding the concepts as provided in this course is an essential part of any network in order to communicate and transmit information. Mastering this knowledge will make the student or IT Professional a much more valuable asset in any Network or IT environment.
- This course will change over to the new CCNA 200-125
- The student will have both the lectures from the old CCNA 200-120 (which covers about 70% of the new test), but it also covers all the new topics and lectures for Cisco's new exam, the CNA 200-125