This course will cover all aspects of the IPv4 protocol. ...and YES! it is still relevant today.
Students will learn IP addressing, Subnetting, VLSM, Route Summarization, Wildcard Masking, common Network equipment, basic Router administrative commands, configuring Router interfaces, planning a Network infrastructure and many other topics that are important and needed, not just for certification purposes, but also for real world scenarios.
The course will also show students how to assign IP addresses to PC’s and Routers. As well as gaining an understanding of the TCP/IP properties such as gateways.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that the simulators/emulators used in this course are not part of the course.
It is the students responsibility to have these to practice with.
The Cisco Packet Tracer and/or VIRAL (Virtual Internet Routing Lab) are Cisco proprietary software and can only be obtained through Cisco.
It is up to each student to obtain the simulator/emulator of their choice to study along with this course.
Besides the simulators/emulators mentioned above, students can also use GNS3, BOSON or Live Equipment.
My teaching methodology is to make learning straight to the point, fun and most importantly to make sure that you are prepared for the real life environment as well as to pass a Cisco certification exam or the IP portion of an IT/Networking test.
My method should expedite the way you convert IP addresses in order to make you faster, better and knowledgeable when tackling the IPv4 protocol.
As for those that are skeptical about IPv4; I assure you that we are still and will be using IPv4 for some time to come.
So don't expect that it will go away any time soon. The transition from IPv4 to IPv6 will still take some time :(
My IPv4 course will help you in becoming comfortable with, not only the IPv4 protocol, but it will also help you in preparing for any networking certification and/or Computer Science Degree exam; not to mention the fact, that for those that are going for a Cisco certification exam, it will help you in calculating IP addresses without a calculator. (calculators are NOT allowed in any CISCO testing site, so you need to learn how to subnet in your head!)...and the faster the better, since as you know the test is timed.
This method should expedite the way you convert in order to make you faster, better and stronger to pass the test!
Please be aware that I have authored a book on IPv4 that is available on AMAZON called "The Only IP Book You Will Ever Need!". For those interested, this book along with this course, will help you achieve a greater understanding of this still important & extremely relevant protocol.
See you in the course!
Who is the target audience?
- This course is for those that want or need a better understanding of IPv4
- This course is for those that want to pass a Cisco certification exam
- This course is for those that are currently taking Cisco courses at a College or Univiersity and want to get a better understanding of IPv4
- This course is for those already in the IT field, but need a more indepth understanding of IPv4
- This course is for those that want to take a certification exam and want to pass the IPv4 portion without the need of a calculator (which is not allowed in a testing site)
- Students will need a basic understanding of Networks
- Students will need a simulator/emulator to go along with the course
- Students can follow along with my book (available on AMAZON), called "The Only IP BOOK YOU Will Ever Need!
- Students should have a great desire to know this protocol, not only for certification purposes, but also for the real world
- This course will prepare students to subnet without using a calculator
- Once you finish my course on IP’s, you will have a strong grasp of IPv4. Students will be able to create and implement an IP addressing scheme, assign IP addresses to PC’s with proper subnetmask, gateways if needed, as well as DNS
- At the end of this course, students will learn how configure an IP address on a routers interface through the CLI and finally test the network for connectivity using various commands.
- The understanding of IP’s is an essential element for a Network Professional and this course will prepare the student for any networking certification that has IPv4 as part of their exams
- This course will help students that are looking to take certifications such as N+, CCNA, CCNP and MCSE
- IPs is the core of networking and mastering this knowledge is key to any IT position
- This course will make the student efficient, valuable and an asset in a Networking environment