Steps to building a testing framework.
Test automation, a formalized testing process, can automate repetitive but necessary tasks that would be difficult to do manually.
This video is a practical step-by-step guide to developing UI test automation frameworks from scratch, and is targeted at Java developers. We’ll explore Web Driver, Appium (for mobile applications), and Cucumber-JVM. While working through the video, you will master the step-by-step test automation framework development process and see how it changes the shape of tests. At the end you will have a vision of what a framework is, what it looks like, and what items should be covered at the beginning of test automation development.
About the Author
- Mykola has been involved with test automation since 2004, including creating test automation solutions from scratch, leading a test automation team, and working as a consultant for test automation processes. During his career he has worked with different test automation tools such as Mercury WinRunner, MicroFocus SilkTest, SmartBear TestComplete, Selenium-RC, WebDriver, Appium, SoapUI, BDD frameworks, and many other different engines and solutions. He has worked with multiple programming technologies based on Java, C#, Ruby, and so on; and in different domain areas such as healthcare, mobile, telecoms, social networking, business process modeling, performance and talent management, multimedia, e-commerce, and investment banking. He has been a salaried employee at ISD, GlobalLogic, Luxoft, and Trainline.com and has also worked as a freelance; he was invited as an independent consultant to introduce test automation approaches and practices to external companies. Mykola currently works as Mobile QA Developer at Trainline.com Ltd.
- He co-authored (together with Gennadiy Alpaev) On-line SilkTest Manual ( http://silktutorial.ru/) and participated in creating the comprehensive TestComplete tutorial ( http://tctutorial.ru/ ), available in RU-net.
- Basic Knowledge of Java for automation testing is required
- Available framework types and what they look like
- Practical steps to building a framework from scratch
- Typical solutions for typical problems with UI automation
- Improve a framework when the entire test automation solution gets more complicated
- Recommend each step in framework creation/improvement
- Real-life example of the UI test automation framework with Java
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
48$ 9.99 $ 49.99
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99