Design and manage simple to complex Java projects effectively using Apache Maven’s project object model.
Getting Started with Apache Maven will introduce you to the world of synergized development in the Maven ecosystem. The course logically explains the various concepts of the tool, and shows how to proceed from simple assignments to complex ones.
Maven is not simply a tool to invoke compilers and utilities, but it is also an approach to easily constructing your project by accessing its ever-expanding world of tools and libraries.
You will learn how to pull in dependencies simply by specifying their coordinates, how to customize your lifecycle with plugins, and see how easy it can be to create a project website. You will see how to generate reports on your code that will enable understanding and will let you know when your developers are running into problems. You will understand how to scale up from simple projects to multi-module ones.
This video course walks you through the steps by presenting examples, starting with very basic ones, and growing to more elaborate ones once you have mastered the basics.
About the Author
Russell Gold has been a Java developer since 1996 and is the author of the open-source project, HttpUnit, as well as a handful of smaller open source projects. He is also a committer on the Codehaus Mojo project, where he maintains the idlJ and RMIC plugins.
He has spent the major part of his career looking for better ways to develop software, is a staunch advocate of agile development, and has embraced Maven as a major advance in build philosophy and technology. Russell is currently employed by Oracle.
I would like to express gratitude to my wife Gwen, for her patience as I spent many hours working on this project, as well as to my boss and co-workers who have offered encouragement and feedback.
Getting Started with Apache Maven is intended for Java developers. Knowledge of ANT and Maven would be helpful, but is not essential
- Govern the Maven repository, and the idea of collaborative development
- Discover how to specify dependencies and get transitive dependencies
- Add and customize the standard build steps
- Explore the use of parent projects and management sections
- Find out how Maven simplifies the creation of project websites
- Get to grips with simple ways to enable reports such as test coverage and standards compliance
- Release a Maven project to an internal or external repository
- Create and manage a multi-module project
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
48$ 9.99 $ 49.99
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99