We love Programming. Our aim with this course is to create a love for Programming.
Java is one of the most popular programming languages. Java offers both object oriented and functional programming features.
We take an hands-on approach using a combination of JShell(An awesome new feature in Java 9) and Eclipse as an IDE to illustrate more than 200 Java Coding Exercises, Puzzles and Code Examples.
In more than 250 Steps, we explore the most important Java Programming Language Features
- Basics of Java Programming - Expressions, Variables and Printing Output
- Java Operators - Java Assignment Operator, Relational and Logical Operators, Short Circuit Operators
- Java Conditionals and If Statement
- Methods - Parameters, Arguments and Return Values
- Object Oriented Programming - Class, Object, State and Behavior
- Basics of OOPS - Encapsulation, Abstraction, Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Basics about Java Data Types - Casting, Operators and More
- Java Built in Classes - BigDecimal, String, Java Wrapper Classes
- Conditionals with Java - If Else Statement, Nested If Else, Java Switch Statement, Java Ternary Operator
- Loops - For Loop, While Loop in Java, Do While Loop, Break and Continue
- Immutablity of Java Wrapper Classes, String and BigDecimal
- Java Dates - Introduction to LocalDate, LocalTime and LocalDateTime
- Java Array and ArrayList - Java String Arrays, Arrays of Objects, Primitive Data Types, toString and Exceptions
- Introduction to Variable Arguments
- Basics of Designing a Class - Class, Object, State and Behavior. Deciding State and Constructors.
- Understanding Object Composition and Inheritance
- Java Abstract Class and Interfaces. Introduction to Polymorphism.
- Java Collections - List Interface(ArrayList, LinkedList and Vector), Set Interface (HashSet, LinkedHashSet and TreeSet), Queue Interface (PriorityQueue) and Map Interface (HashMap, HashTable, LinkedHashMap and TreeMap() - Compare, Contrast and Choose
- Generics - Why do we need Generics? Restrictions with extends and Generic Methods, WildCards - Upper Bound and Lower Bound.
- Functional Programming - Lambda Expression, Stream and Operations on a Stream (Intermediate Operations - Sort, Distinct, Filter, Map and Terminal Operations - max, min, collect to List), Functional Interfaces - Predicate Interface,Consumer Interface, Function Inteface for Mapping, Method References - static and instance methods
- Introduction to Threads and MultiThreading - Need for Threads
- Implementing Threads - Extending Thread Class and Implementing Runnable Interface
- States of a Thread and Communication between Threads
- Introduction to Executor Service - Customizing number of Active Threads. Returning a Future, invokeAll and invokeAny
- Introduction to Exception Handling - Your Thought Process during Exception Handling. try, catch and finally. Exception Hierarchy - Checked Exceptions vs Unchecked Exceptions. Throwing an Exception. Creating and Throwing a Custom Exception - CurrenciesDoNotMatchException. Try with Resources - New Feature in Java 7.
- List files and folders in Directory with Files list method, File walk method and find methods. Read and write from a File.
Who is the target audience?
- You want to learn Programming
- You are a beginner and want to explore Java further
- You want to learn the basics of Object Oriented Programming with Java
- You want to learn the basics of Functional Programming with Java
- Connectivity to Internet to download Java 9 and Eclipse.
- We will help you install Eclipse and Java 9
- Oracle Solaris or 64 bit Microsoft Windows or Linux or macOS
- Java 9 does NOT work on 32 bit Microsoft Windows! You would need a 64 bit Microsoft Windows if you would want to use Windows.
- You will learn how to think as a Java Programmer
- You will learn how to start your journey as a Java Programmer
- You will learn the basics of Eclipse IDE and JShell
- You will learn to develop awesome object oriented programs with Java
- You will solve a wide variety of hands-on exercises with Java
- You will learn the basics of programming - variables, choosing a data type, conditional execution, loops, writing great methods, breaking down problems into sub problems and implementing great Exception Handling
- You will learn the basics of Object Oriented Programming - Intefaces, Inheritance, Abstract Class and Constructors
- You will learn the important concepts of Object Oriented Programming - Abstraction, Inheritance, Encapsulation and Polymorphism
- You will learn to do basic functional programming with Java
- You will learn the basics of MultiThreading - with Executor Service
- You will learn about a wide variety of Collections - List, Map, Set and Queue Interfaces
excellent course for Java beginners..
Very helpful, I recommend all the the beginners to go through this course. It's a little bit long but you get the concept easily with different examples.