Become a functional programmer by building and testing web applications
While we anchor these techniques into your mind with the practical usage, you will also learn about techniques to write maintainable software, test-driven development, top-down design, and bottom-up design. Finally, we will use Mocha and Chai to write unit tests for the functional part of the applications.
By the end of this Video Learning Path, you will get a hands-on functional application development experience.
For this course, we have combined the best works of this esteemed author:
Zsolt Nagy is a web development team lead, mentor, and software engineer living in Berlin, Germany. As a software engineer, he continuously challenges himself to stick to the highest possible standards when improving his own knowledge. The best way of learning is to create a meaningful product on the way.
- You should have Node installed on your system (version>=6.9.0)
- Understand pure functions and how to refactor impure functions
- Work with nested immutable data with lenses using Ramda
- Write pure functions to model the DOM and then drop JSX on top of it
- Build JSX & Virtual DOM into functional ES2017 apps without using React
- See how to rewrite nested asynchronous callbacks with generator functions in a linear fashion
- Understand how to model and use infinite sequences with lazy evaluation
- Unit test your functional code with Mocha and Chai using test-driven development
- Understand the theoretical background of wrapped sets in jQuery, the map function, and flatMap