Start building practical real-world server applications using Node.js
The lightweight and efficient platform for building server applications, Node.js, has become the go-to tool for web developers working on the server-side. If you're a web developer looking to move toward the server-side, this Learning Path is for you. You will embark on a journey from being a novice to becoming a fullstack developer. You'll build light and robust server-side applications by the end of this Learning Path.
- Joshua Johanan is the author of two books, Building Scalable Apps with Redis and Node.js and Web Developer’s Reference Guide. Both books deal with some of the details that will be used in this course.
- You can read his blog at http://ejosh.co/de/ where he posts semi-regularly.
- Fernando Monteiro is a full-stack engineer, speaker, and open source contributor. He has built and made some of his personal projects open source such as Responsive Boilerplate, Frontend Boilerplate, Angm-Generator, and TrelloMetrics.
- He has worked as graphic designer for various companies and products, including mobile applications.
- Saleh Hamadeh works as a full-stack software developer at Redfin, a startup that it is using technology to reinvent real-estate. Earlier in his career, Saleh worked at Yahoo! and BrainJocks. During his college years, Saleh served as president of gt-web dev, a Georgia Tech student organization that teaches web development. He is passionate about the future of the web and wants to continue to work and learn in this field. You can find more at http://shamadeh.com/
- Build your custom middleware for Express
- Integrate Socket.IO with Express and use the same authentication
- Create a secure local store for passwords
- Leverage the power of Redis for messaging
- Explore design patterns in Node.js
- Build solid architectures by following test-driven development
- Look beyond web applications and create your own desktop app with Node.js
- Develop single page applications using Node.js with AngularJS, Ember.js, and Backbone.js
- Master the Express framework and build a complete site with a real database
- Create a real-time and fully functional online chat application with Socket.IO
- Utilize the enormous range of Gulp plugins
- Define what an API is and how it is used in client-server communication
- Explore HTTP requests and responses and find out about the various fields that make up these requests and responses
- Understand the architectural constraints and properties that make an API RESTful
- Use Twitter’s API to tweet and search for tweets
- Store Twitter’s data in our database to minimize the use of Twitter’s API
- Use Async.js to handle Twitter’s API constraints
- Test APIs using Postman and Apache Benchmark
- Build the API on the server using Express.js and MongoDB
- Find out about the Facebook Graph API, and its structure, resources, and permissions
- Be introduced to GitHub API, its use of different representations, the PATCH verb, HATEOAS, and conditional requests
- Get security tips to prevent session hijacking vulnerabilities
5$ 9.99 $ 49.99
48$ 9.99 $ 49.99
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99