Good preparation is any essential aspect of successfully undertaking any challenging intention and committed partnership certainly can be challenging! This chapter will identify some of the challenges that are commonly encountered when a relationship moves from casual to serious.
Video titles for the course:
- The Best Preparation for Marriage
- Things You Want to Know Before You Tie A Knot
- Are You My Soulmate?
- Characteristics of Happy Couples
- Thinking about Marriage Counseling
- Handout: Qualities that represent character virtues, and some of the qualities that strengthen them.
- Truth telling
- Drawing boundaries
- Stepping out past the edge of your comfort zone
2. Commitment (Wholeheartedness)
- Holding an intention and vision
- Closing all back doors
- Raising your threshold for toleration of pain and discomfort
- Persevering in the face of obstacles
- Affirming and reaffirming your intention
- Owning your own shadow
- Withholding blame and fault from others
- Being honest about what matters to you
- Giving up the victim mentality
- Seeing opportunities rather than problems
- Conflict management
- Practice committed listening
- Practicing self-restraint
- Holding a high standard of excellence
- Getting compete with past experiences
- Hold a vision and working over time towards its fulfillment.
- Holding the tension of the opposites
- Practicing presence
- Aligning your feelings, thoughts and actions
- Walking your talk. Embodying your values in your behavior.
- Telling the truth of our experience, revealing feelings
- Keeping agreements
- Giving up rationalizations that justify dishonesty.
- Letting go
- Expanding your capacity to give
- Cultivating the attitude of gratitude.
12. Openness (Vulnerability)
- Being willing to acknowledge and express feelings especially fears and needs.
- Letting down defenses when appropriate.
- Emotional disarmament.
- Being real, genuine, and true to yourself.
- Taking yourself less seriously
- Spending time with humorous people, watching comedy films (good ones)
- Restraint of your ego’s efforts to gain praise and attention.
- Awareness of he consequences of arrogance and ego-inflation.
- Recognition of the benefits of letting go of the need for significance and importance.
- Consciously choosing to experience feelings of sorrow and empathy towards self and others.
- Expose vulnerable feelings to self and others.
- Opening our heart to those around us knowing we will lose them
- Practicing forgiveness
- Identify what’s in it for you to be more openhearted.
- This course isn't simply didactic, but is also experiential. It is necessary for you to understand what will be required is more than simply to listen, take notes, and receive the information that is given.
- The course will hopefully provoke and evoke feelings, opinions, concerns, and experiences that are not simply generic to most people, but also those that are specific and personal to each individual in the relationship
- Students will discover ways in which it is possible to respond to these challenges in ways that will enhance the likelihood of successful resolution to difficulties
0$ 9.99 $ 49.99
5$ 9.99 $ 49.99
34$ 9.99 $ 49.99
50$ 9.99 $ 49.99