Corporate Leadership and People Management
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
11x videos covering the 3 key steps of people management:
Prepare and Build your team
- Define your Vision, Mission and Strategy
- Identify your team's Values
- Clarify your team goals
Lead and manage your team
- Credibility Self-Assessment and action plan
- The Trust formula
- The Situational Leadership model
- Engage your team
Review your outcomes and improve
- Review your team goals
- Review your direct reports performance
- Lead weekly team meetings
- Direct Quarterly team reviews
2x Bonus videos:
- Situational Leadership illustration
- Recorded talk from a Leadership seminar in London
2x Action Toolkits in Microsoft Excel:
- Credibility self-assessment
- Trust formula dashboard for critical stakeholders
Who this course is for:
- Managers with 2-3 years of experience who want to raise their standards
- Recently promoted managers who want to accelerate their development path
- Future managers who want to maximize their chances for being succesful
- Time management
- Setting goals for yourself
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Measure their level of credibility as a manager
- Put in place an action plan on how to increase the level of Trust with their key stakeholders
- Know precisely how to adjust their managerial style based on the situation and the individual
- Lead a Vision, Mission and Strategy workshop with their teams
- Ellicite their team's Values
- Facilitate effective team meetings
- Define clear goals for their teams
- Define clear goals for their direct reports
- Know exactly what process and steps to follow when reviewing team goals
- Know exactly what process and steps to follow when reviewing individual goals
- Discover the world class technique on how to adapt your leadership syle
- Learn how to engage your people and motivate them
Remember: this course is a workbook more than a set of videos. You will only get the true value out of it when you take action.
Remember: building solid foundations within your team will increase your likelihood of success, so take the necessary time and get this right
Remember: the more you include your people in the definition process of your Vision, Mission and Strategy, the more buy in you will get
Remember: the main question is "What's mostly important to you at work"
Defining your Team Goals
Running your team day after day, and believe me, there is no such thing as "Business as Usual" !
Remember: Credibility is based on 4 pillars
Use the self-assessment tool below to better identify your strength and opportunities to grow your credibility!
TRUST = (Credibility + Reliability + Intimacy) / Self-orientation
Use the Trust dashboard to identify how you can most effectively strengthen the trust you have established with your critical stakeholders, and with your direct reports
Remember: as a manager you must adapt your leadership based on 2 dimensions
- how much directions and control you provide
- how much support and encouragements you give
Adapt your style based on each individual's situation for a certain skill and accelerate their journey through the learning curve!
There are 4 key situations that every individual goes through while learning a new skill:
S1 = someone is starting to learn a new skill and requires high directions and low support
S2 = while starting to experience the first difficulties and making the first steps, the person will need high directions and a lot of support to keep going
S3 = the person is accumulating experience and progressively improving their level of competence, but are not yet confident enough to work independently, so provide less directions and high support
S4 = the expert, provide low directions and low support
Share this vocabulary with your teams, it will trigger fruitful discussions!
The Situational Leadership model
Remember: the 12 Gallup questions have been carefully selected and defined. Make sure you spend enough time explaining the meaning behind each question so that all of your team members have a common understanding before rating each question.
Make sure you use the additional resources shared in this chapter.
The 12 Gallup questions:
- I know what is expected of me at work
- I have the materials and equipment I need to do my work
- At work I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day
- In the last seven days, I have received recognition or praise for doing some good work
- My supervisor, or someone at work, seems to care about me as a person
- There is someone at work who encourages my development
- At work, my opinions seem to count
- The mission of the company makes me feel that my job is important
- My associates (fellow employees) are committed to doing quality work
- I have a best friend at work
- In the last six months, someone has talked to me at work about my progress
- This last year, I have had opportunities at work to learn and grow
Remember: put in place 3 key regular meetings at least
- Quarterly team meetings
- Weekly team meetings (or fortnightly)
- Regular one on one with your key direct reports (weekly or fortnightly)
Remember: your role as a leader is to constantly remind people about the overarching goals of the team. The format I suggest here is just an option, and has proven to work effectively for me over the year:
- each member discusses about his/her highlights of the week in an open and relaxed way
- review of the team goals and respective status from each goal owner
- acknowledgement of the key learnings from the week
Remember: it is crucial that you connect regularly with your all or at least some of you key team members individually. Your one on one sessions will allow your direct reports to stay aligned with their goals and adjust their performance through the year to prevent any surprise or gap at year end.
Remember: your quarterly team meetings are all about re-connecting with your vision, mission and strategy. It is your chance to step back from the operational world and reflect on where your business is going. Also, it is your opportunity to talk about your team engagement and review the action plan you had defined with your team.
See how it all comes nicely together? Simple !
Well done for completing this course !
Remember: this is only a start, it is critical that you get back to those videos and apply each lesson carefully using the materials and models you have learnt.
I will hear you soon during our One on One coaching call, and really look forward to hearing back from you.
Creating a Mastermind with your team
Gallup Q12 descriptions